• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

9900KS...

Soldato
:rolleyes:..Err no, the difference between an 8c 9700K and a 8c 16t 9900K is a real and tangible one in lots of things, Maybe not gaming (yet!) but definately content creation stuff at least, unlike the difference between 200Mhz on the same CPU.

I bet there's a real and tangible difference from 4.8Ghz on 8 cores and 5.0 on 8 cores on content creation too definitely more so than what 90% would see in going from a 9700k to a 9900k.

OcUK Staff
That sure looks like retail packaging. I guess Gibbo is just ring fencing his allocation.

Yes KS is a retail product, but very short.

I have 5000 on order, so far we only got a confirmed quantity of 100pc which our SI department already has a project for. In short we need to find more, to make them available to retail, I am sure we will be able to source more but they will come from brokers who will be adding a considerable margin on top of the distribution price just because they can, time will tell.

OcUK Staff
Oh gawd I'm not waiting months and months if this turns out to be a hand full of cpu every few weeks, my build if finished just need a processor :(

It is pretty much a one off, what we pretty much get on the first wave is all we shall get, this is a one of production CPU, just like 8086K was, but this shall be a lot more limited.

Associate
Waited so long for this chip, if it’s gonna be a really limited number and for system builders only I won’t be waiting around for it.
It’ll be bye bye behind the times intel, hello Ryzen.

Associate
Yes KS is a retail product, but very short.

I have 5000 on order, so far we only got a confirmed quantity of 100pc which our SI department already has a project for. In short we need to find more, to make them available to retail, I am sure we will be able to source more but they will come from brokers who will be adding a considerable margin on top of the distribution price just because they can, time will tell.

4.png

Associate
Only to get equal performance you’ll need an equally rare 3900X lol

I wouldn't be to worried about sourcing one of those. i'd look to get the 3800x, well priced and has the same cores/threads just a tad down on clock speed. wouldn't consider a normal 9900k as there all gonna be awful clockers.

Soldato
I wouldn't be to worried about sourcing one of those. i'd look to get the 3800x, well priced and has the same cores/threads just a tad down on clock speed. wouldn't consider a normal 9900k as there all gonna be awful clockers.

Pretty dire situation isn't it? Buy a chip that is cheaper but lesser in performance or buy a chip you know probably won't clock as well.

Associate
Pretty dire situation isn't it? Buy a chip that is cheaper but lesser in performance or buy a chip you know probably won't clock as well.

yep its pretty bad. the only plus is id save some £££. some days I think it would be far easier and less stressful just playing on a console.
for now I will sit and wait for the 'release' and decide from there, I mean a October launch and its halfway through the month already...

Associate
just seen some news online regarding the 9900ks, a shop in Czech sold it buy 'mistake', the guy who has it posted on Reddit that he has manage a 5.2 OC on air, with temps peaking 83'c on a 20mins prime95 run @5020mhz and 57'c while playing GTA V @5010mhz.
if that's true that's some pretty impressive temps at those clocks.

Associate
just seen some news online regarding the 9900ks, a shop in Czech sold it buy 'mistake', the guy who has it posted on Reddit that he has manage a 5.2 OC on air, with temps peaking 83'c on a 20mins prime95 run @5020mhz and 57'c while playing GTA V @5010mhz.
nevermind, found it :)

Last edited:
Soldato

AVX offset he is running is 4.6GHZ. We need an experienced user to get hold of one and clarify the voltage required for 0 AVX offset at 5ghz.

Soldato

What did you expect - it's a heavily binned chip - looks like only the top 1% of 9900k qualify as a 9900ks

Back
Top Bottom