Can i make a device connect to the router rather than a disc with BT Home Hub 2?

Associate
Hi, I have the Home Hub 2 with a disc and its pretty good, i certainly do get better wifi on the top floor now, my house is 3 floors so the disc is on the middle floor and the router is on the ground floor

I have noticed sicne getting the new router and disc that my laptop always shows in the router setup as being connected to the disc on the middle floor even though my laptop is also on the ground floor about 2 meters away from the router, so not sure why it keeps insisting on connecting to the disc which has a ceiling between it and the laptop.

I have noticed the internet on my laptop has seems a little less responsive since getting the new router and can only assume its because of this as everything else in the house seems great now and the internet on the laptop did feel more responsive when i had my previous how hub and the laptop was connected straight to that being in the living room and not having a disc.

I can't seem to see an obvious way to tell my laptop to connect to the router rather than the disc, does anyone know if i can do it in any way?

I'm guessing for the amount of devices and what band each is on, the router must have decided if it puts my laptop on the disc other devices may perform better? i'm not sure lol

Thanks

James

Soldato
Hey, recently just got the smart hub 2 and disc setup myself. And no there is no way for it to differentiate. Was looking for options too, yes I get better coverage and this does provide a wired connection for my PC in an upstairs bedroom, but the speeds are much worse by comparison.

Associate
I was going to suggest spitting the frequency bands but it seems BT have removed this feature on the Smart Hub 2. If you have one of the older BT Hub's you could give it a try.

Back
Top Bottom