Are Eastern European countries racist?

Soldato
Personal experience. The xenophobic and racist rhetoric, has got worse in recent years, in my experience.

It is just rhetoric, it’s important to point that out, but it’s hurtful and more prevalent now than it was a few years ago.

You already decided it was true that the country is becoming more racist, specifically after the Brexit vote, so now every time you read about an incident, or indeed witness one yourself, it confirms your preconceived biases. This is called confirmation bias.

Soldato
You already decided it was true that the country is becoming more racist, specifically after the Brexit vote, so now every time you read about an incident, or indeed witness one yourself, it confirms your preconceived biases. This is called confirmation bias.

The rise of right-wing figureheads who inspire such cretins isn't confirmation bias. It's fact.

Soldato
The rise of right-wing figureheads who inspire such cretins isn't confirmation bias. It's fact.

The rise in the right wing as you call it is a direct result of people not liking the direction we were being taken in. But it's not as if the BNP are in power or some Neo Nazis. You see people wanting simply controlled levels immigration based on the actual needs of the country and immediately view it as right wing fascism. It's just hysterical derangement

Associate

Pardon? I am seeing and hearing xenophobia and racism rhetoric with my own ears and eyes. There is no bias involved, I am stating fact based on what I have seen and heard. It is also fact that I have seen an increase in this over the past 2-3 years.
If you want to start a discussion about my ability to see and hear, I recommend we take that offline.
If you are accusing me of lying, I take umbrage and will ask you to please tread carefully.

Soldato
Pardon? I am seeing and hearing xenophobia and racism rhetoric with my own ears and eyes. There is no bias involved, I am stating fact based on what I have seen and heard. It is also fact that I have seen an increase in this over the past 2-3 years.
If you want to start a discussion about my ability to see and hear, I recommend we take that offline.
If you are accusing me of lying, I take umbrage and will ask you to please tread carefully.

Ok man, you're completely immune to cognitive biases, any assumption that you, or anyone else, has any sort of cognitive biases is infact an accusation of lying in which we must solve like Homer Simpson with a glove slap followed by a pistol duel.

Associate
Ok man, you're completely immune to cognitive biases, any assumption that you, or anyone else, has any sort of cognitive biases is infact an accusation of lying in which we must solve like Homer Simpson with a glove slap followed by a pistol duel.

Please do not tell me what I am and am not immune to. You do not know me, my background nor my ability to recognise what is wrong or what is right.

I recommend we let this thread get back on track before you and I have a real issue.

Soldato
Please do not tell me what I am and am not immune to. You do not know me, my background nor my ability to recognise what is wrong or what is right.

I recommend we let this thread get back on track before you and I have a real issue.

If you feel personally attacked over an Internet debate to the point you start insinuating threats then maybe your issue is one of mental health

Soldato
It says on your own report in the image you linked that the increase was mainly down to improvements in crime recording. More reports because I can now simply do it online doesn't mean more actual crimes.

Soldato
It also says something else.

I'll meet you half way and accept there were no doubt spikes following Brexit and terrorist attacks, but that isn't an increase in racism across society as a whole which has been ongoing for 5 years. If anything people are becoming far more accepting, it's simply not socially acceptable to be racist anymore, and I live in a working class town up North ffs

Caporegime
funny how the increase started happening before Brexit... I mean perhaps some increase in classification of some crimes that have always been occurring as "hate crimes" is responsible for a lot of it and/or the increased use of that classification causing police officers to use it etc..

Caporegime
You don't recall anti-migrant sentiment leading up to the brexit vote?

There has been anti migrant sentiment present in the UK for decades. Arguably it was much worse in the 70s/80s as any parents of people of Indian and/or Pakistani heritage could likely tell you.

Soldato
Not really. But the press like to push that idea, just like they try and convince us that the climate change protests are popular.

Caporegime
Not really. But the press like to push that idea, just like to try and convince us that the climate change protests are popular.

You could provide evidence to refute that, but you wont because it doesn't exist. I can equally say that the protests are deeply popular, don't need evidence either.

Back
Top Bottom