Watercooled Case Gallery

Associate
bEkNOtZ

Poor quality pic (might have to right click on it) but finally in the watercooling club!

It wasn't actually as hard as I thought it would be.

You definitely have to take your time and triple check everything before adding the water.

Hardest part is cutting the tubes straight and attaching them securely.

I would have put the D5 Res/Pump vertical, but there was just nowhere else I could fit it, without hacking away at the case.

All the bubbles are almost gone now and the temps keep coming down every day as it bleeds air.

Using an EK RGB 360 Kit (D5, Supremacy, 360 PE rad) with an extra slim SE rad up top.

Maximus XI Hero with a 9900k. Temps are still in the 60s, 70s at most (spikes) under gaming load. Just using stock settings with XMP for now.

Voltage around 1.2v (load) max 1.25v (stock) I know I could get better results with this voltage but haven't bothered changing anything.

From what I have read that is fairly normal sharing the loop with GPU..That 9900K getting flipping hot.

GPU 2080 ti SeaHawk EK X. Temps don't go over 50c, overclocked +100ish. Boosts to 2100 and pretty much stays there.

Pretty happy after all the work.

Definitely could have planned better, but I think it works out well.

What do you guys reckon on the temps and build?

Thanks for any opinions.

Soldato
bEkNOtZ

Poor quality pic (might have to right click on it) but finally in the watercooling club!

It wasn't actually as hard as I thought it would be.

You definitely have to take your time and triple check everything before adding the water.

Hardest part is cutting the tubes straight and attaching them securely.

I would have put the D5 Res/Pump vertical, but there was just nowhere else I could fit it, without hacking away at the case.

All the bubbles are almost gone now and the temps keep coming down every day as it bleeds air.

Using an EK RGB 360 Kit (D5, Supremacy, 360 PE rad) with an extra slim SE rad up top.

Maximus XI Hero with a 9900k. Temps are still in the 60s, 70s at most (spikes) under gaming load. Just using stock settings with XMP for now.

Voltage around 1.2v (load) max 1.25v (stock) I know I could get better results with this voltage but haven't bothered changing anything.

From what I have read that is fairly normal sharing the loop with GPU..That 9900K getting flipping hot.

GPU 2080 ti SeaHawk EK X. Temps don't go over 50c, overclocked +100ish. Boosts to 2100 and pretty much stays there.

Pretty happy after all the work.

Definitely could have planned better, but I think it works out well.

What do you guys reckon on the temps and build?

Thanks for any opinions.

Not a poor quality pic, as of writing there is none point blank :p (but you can follow link through)

Temps seem reasonable slightly warm but nothing I would say is an issue, I usually look at the GPU temps as with no IHS provides a good relationship to the water temp (providing no glaring issues). In this instance your GPU temps are solid enough I would say, suggests your water is around the low to mid 40 in temperature if your GPU sits in high 40's (under 50). CPU temp is slightly warm, but if its being maxed in a heavy game that uses all the cores, slightly understandable.

Associate
Not a poor quality pic, as of writing there is none point blank :p (but you can follow link through)

Temps seem reasonable slightly warm but nothing I would say is an issue, I usually look at the GPU temps as with no IHS provides a good relationship to the water temp (providing no glaring issues). In this instance your GPU temps are solid enough I would say, suggests your water is around the low to mid 40 in temperature if your GPU sits in high 40's (under 50). CPU temp is slightly warm, but if its being maxed in a heavy game that uses all the cores, slightly understandable.

Yes, I struggle with OCUK forum pic uploads! Not really sure how you do it properly tbh.

I don't usually upload pics, but I am pleased with my handy work!

Thanks so much for your opinions.
Really helps to get a view of someone with experience.

I imagine if it was just the 9900k in the loop then temps would be much much better.

The 330w from the GPU is nicely heating things up though!

It seems. just as I have seen before (without WC) that these chips just stay in the low figures and spike for a split second to higher temps.

I don't bother stress testing so much anymore. I try to use the system and check HWinfo for errors if I ever overclock.

But, from system noise and average temps, temps do seem to keep going down as the reservoir water level slowly drops.

The water level has pretty much stabilized now and practically 0 bubbles I can see (other than radiator) that I know of.

Pretty sure the mounting and paste is spot on so I can't really do much more.

I am playing BF5 which uses AVX and that is the only game that nudges high 70's.

Associate
No hardline yet but really thinking about converting... just having the time and patience to do it.

7apoiF4.jpg

That's a funky looking setup but I like it!

What are the specs? Don't recognize those cards. They kind of look like hybrid.

Take it you aren't using the GPU in the 2nd slot?

GPU sag is the worst. I got a cheap brace for a couple of quid. :)

Soldato
That's a funky looking setup but I like it!

What are the specs? Don't recognize those cards. They kind of look like hybrid.

Take it you aren't using the GPU in the 2nd slot?

GPU sag is the worst. I got a cheap brace for a couple of quid. :)

Yeah it's old school haha!

Specs:
9600KF
Gigabyte Gaming SLI Z390
Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 16gb
Asus 980ti ROG Poseidon 6gb x 2 SLI

Yeah they're hybrid cards, not really seen them for sale anywhere and are quite rare. Not the latest tech but certainly still do perform well.

2nd gpu is working and in use however just not plumbed into the watercooling setup yet as im waiting for some more fittings to arrive.

Been looking at getting one for GPU support! Recommend any for a SLI setup?

Associate
Yeah it's old school haha!

Specs:
9600KF
Gigabyte Gaming SLI Z390
Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 16gb
Asus 980ti ROG Poseidon 6gb x 2 SLI

Yeah they're hybrid cards, not really seen them for sale anywhere and are quite rare. Not the latest tech but certainly still do perform well.

2nd gpu is working and in use however just not plumbed into the watercooling setup yet as im waiting for some more fittings to arrive.

Been looking at getting one for GPU support! Recommend any for a SLI setup?

Yeah, I got a brace called uphere gpu bracket. Search on Google. Its really low profile and might fit your build. Has a logo on it, but I turned it round the other way.

Fairly invisible in lower light. There are so many though, that might fit.

Yeah, those specs are fine for a good few years I would have thought!

Soldato
Yeah, I got a brace called uphere gpu bracket. Search on Google. Its really low profile and might fit your build. Has a logo on it, but I turned it round the other way.

Fairly invisible in lower light. There are so many though, that might fit.

Yeah, those specs are fine for a good few years I would have thought!

found them on rainforest website and ordered 2, thanks mate! Should be here tomorrow haha. We'll see if they fit right :)

Associate
Took the plunge and was slightly overwhelmed with the amount of stuff that arrived. Didn't know where to start.

Decided to start with the GPU - Phanateks Glacier 2080ti Block. Easier to install than i initially thought it would be.

All went pretty well i think....

Associate
Any pics of ek torque fittings? Especially the angled fittings.
I like how they look but feel they are on the bulky side.

Oh and how come ocuk don’t stock monsoon fittings anymore? I had to use purple 90’ fitting,a green free centre and some different makes in a build with black Mod my toys monsoon fittings with blue carbon fiber inserts.

Soldato
potato pics and still cable sleeving and tidying to do but it's getting there.....

R7 3700x
Gigabyte Gaming 5 x370
Asus Strix Vega64

will probably be adding 3 more blue led fans at the top once i source them to replace the non led fans up there and relegating those to the bottom of the case (ghetto modded to be on the outside of the case due to space)

J3ktgZn.jpg.png
oMyhk8L.jpg

Soldato

Some pictures of my recent build in a Fractal Design Define R6 with 3 x 240mm radiator.
Windowless case that lives tucked under the desk so water cooled for silence, no RGB or coloured fluids.

2 x MagiCool Copper Radiator II - 240 mm
1 x XSPC EX240 Multiport Radiator
6 x Arctic P12 PWM PST
EK-XRES 100 DDC
EK Water Blocks EK-Velocity AMD CPU Water Block - Copper + Acetal
EK-FC Radeon Vega - Acetal+Nickel

Pump > GPU > CPU > Top Rad > Front Rad > Bottom Rad

Rest of system spec:
AMD R5 2600
MSI Mortar B450
16/32GB Team Group Dark Pro "8Pack Edition" 3200Mhz
MSI Vega 64 (-100mV + 50% power limit)
HP Omen 32" 75Hz 1440p

The CPU and motherboard are temporary and are intended to end up build for the kids. I was holding off while waiting for Zen 2 and X570 to sort themselves out, but given all the uncertainty around the launch I decided to give this a spin in early July while the markets settled. It's been up and running since then but it's taken me a long while to finally migrate everything over and retire my 2600k.

With poor 12C / 16C AMD availability and expensive X570 mobos, a current threadripper or even the 10xxx X299 platform could be a winner as there isn't all that much in the platform cost. No rush, the little R5 2600 barely breaks sweat in Forza. I may even wait for Zen 3 at this point.

0Unbe1v.png

prQGfL8.png

VWDrtmc.png

Associate
Some pictures of my recent build in a Fractal Design Define R6 with 3 x 240mm radiator.
Windowless case that lives tucked under the desk so water cooled for silence, no RGB or coloured fluids.

2 x MagiCool Copper Radiator II - 240 mm
1 x XSPC EX240 Multiport Radiator
6 x Arctic P12 PWM PST
EK-XRES 100 DDC
EK Water Blocks EK-Velocity AMD CPU Water Block - Copper + Acetal
EK-FC Radeon Vega - Acetal+Nickel

Pump > GPU > CPU > Top Rad > Front Rad > Bottom Rad

Rest of system spec:
AMD R5 2600
MSI Mortar B450
16/32GB Team Group Dark Pro "8Pack Edition" 3200Mhz
MSI Vega 64 (-100mV + 50% power limit)
HP Omen 32" 75Hz 1440p

The CPU and motherboard are temporary and are intended to end up build for the kids. I was holding off while waiting for Zen 2 and X570 to sort themselves out, but given all the uncertainty around the launch I decided to give this a spin in early July while the markets settled. It's been up and running since then but it's taken me a long while to finally migrate everything over and retire my 2600k.

With poor 12C / 16C AMD availability and expensive X570 mobos, a current threadripper or even the 10xxx X299 platform could be a winner as there isn't all that much in the platform cost. No rush, the little R5 2600 barely breaks sweat in Forza. I may even wait for Zen 3 at this point.

0Unbe1v.png

prQGfL8.png

VWDrtmc.png

Beautiful. Love the the 3 rad setup. GPU sag is a killer.

Back
Top Bottom