Platypus' Beginners Guide to Running

SPG

SPG

Soldato
This, head to the running shop and you will come away with a pair of perfect fitting BROOKS GTS19 for sure, great shoe.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Triathlon needs its own subsection.... but its KONA this weekend as well.

While i not diminishing the challenge of the sub 2hr marathon it is an amazing human feet, the entire small army of pace runners/technology etc somehow detracts from it. I will watch it and i really hope its done :) (maybe i am being super critical)

Soldato
First phase of me stopping being lazy. I parked the car last night and ran home and then got up this morning to run back for the car.

I wasn't feeling it at all yesterday as i was still feeling the effects of the pub on Saturday and then polished off a bottle of red wine on Sunday night on my own. I felt i was going fairly quick, especially as it was all downhill but having got home it was actually pretty slow!

This morning i dreaded it a bit as whilst not steep, it's pretty much a constant incline and i didn't sleep brilliantly, i was fully expecting to stop and walk at points, but managed to keep running all the way which i was pretty pleased with.

Associate
I like the idea :) Trouble for me is that work is a whole mile away from home and so the exercise benefit would probably not be much. Also thinking that the 8 yr old might have an issue with me making her run to work. Will have to start gently getting back to it soon though.

Associate
Lol. School is maybe 500 M from work. One of the reasons that I have to think long and hard with regard to changing jobs. It is so easy for dropping off and sensible times etc. Don't have to leave home until 8:30 to drop her off and am still in work for 8:45!

On the other hand, more money and other things would be nice :)

SPG

SPG

Soldato
I'm tempted to run my first ever Park Run this weekend but I feel a little nervous just thinking about it :(.

Go for it, nothing to be worried about at all apart from it being a new expierance. Really friendly runs. Just do not get demoralised when a 12 year old constantly beats you :) Not that its a race.

Soldato
Go for it, nothing to be worried about at all apart from it being a new expierance. Really friendly runs. Just do not get demoralised when a 12 year old constantly beats you :) Not that its a race.

Haha yeah, although you also get a decent share of people walking to make you feel better :p

@Spacedeck, would this be your first go at running in an organised fashion? You'll find it really motivates you as you see people in the distance and will naturally push yourself to try and catch up with them.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Talking of first its my first cross country race/event this Sunday. Must be 30 years since i did it last and if i remember rightly that emded up with a detention.

Back
Top Bottom