• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

I9 9900k OEM v Retail

Associate
Buy the retail if you can as you get longer warranty and will get a better price should you sell it.

This^

Having just built a 9900K rig for myself, I have to admit I was pretty impressed with the crazy retail packaging. :) Always going to look better on a listing at a later date when you come to sell a few years down the line.

To the OP: I used the Noctua NH-U12A for cooling. I've been mighty impressed with it at both at stock and OC'd CPU speeds.

Associate
I believe OCUK will not pre-test any OEM CPU. However, personally, I would never buy OEM generally as there is nothing stopping this from happening at other vendors with the good chips being syphoned off as pre-binned .. Retail this cannot happen as they are sealed. Plus the minimal extra cost is easily worth it for the Intel warranty alone.

Associate
Oem is basically returned chips or chips that were part of the ocuk binning process that aren’t good Overclockers.
OEM chips aren't that at all. If they were second hand, or had been pre-binned by OCUK, they would be advertised as binned or A/B grade used.

OEM chips are nothing new, you can get OEM drives, software - the idea is that they are sold to system integrators or sold alongside other hardware. In the case of OEM CPUs, I expect OCUK are buying 'trays' of CPUs direct, with the reason that they use them in PC builds.

Back
Top Bottom