Amazon losing it's touch lately?

Soldato
Never had a serious problem and if prime delivery is ever late always complain to get my £10 credit. If I'm not it they leave it my paper wheelie bin and email a photo.

Only time their service is a bit shonky is BF week.

Soldato
Never really had a problem with them, and probably ordering from Amazon every other day, also I am in an area to get same day service as well not prime now, and that is really handy.

Soldato
remember when they were lets buy it .com!?? or amazon bought them? or am i completely wrong?

Remember Jungle.com or .co.uk? they were an Amazon wannabe that fell by the wayside. There were ok for a while used to buy stuff then something went wrong and couldn't get it delivered think I had to chargeback on the CC then the company collapsed not long after iirc.

Associate
Jungle were the spin off of the online side of Software Warehouse. I worked in the physical stores until we were binned in favour of the online bubble. There was a management buyout of the retail side but it didn't last long. Jungle eventually got bought out by the owners of Argos at the time.

Soldato
Amazon are fine for small items but the amount of fake stuff is far worse than eBay. If it is too cheap to be true it more than likely is. Always buy expensive stuff from known e-tailers like OCUK etc. Even if it costs me a few extra quid.
Whilst this is true a simple email to Amazon gets you a no questions asked refund and as often as not you keep the gear.
(Mind you I had same with eBay. Got a free SDCard because it was fake. As soon as I quizzed seller they refunded me and told me to dispose of it myself. It's a perfectly good SDCard just not Samsung.

Caporegime
Whilst this is true a simple email to Amazon gets you a no questions asked refund and as often as not you keep the gear.
(Mind you I had same with eBay. Got a free SDCard because it was fake. As soon as I quizzed seller they refunded me and told me to dispose of it myself. It's a perfectly good SDCard just not Samsung.

Some of it is very difficult to spot though. I kid you not I got given a fake set of spark plugs. I had to ring NGK to check if they were real as the workmanship just didn't seem right even for a set of plugs! God knows why someone would fake a £9 Spark plug!

Soldato
As a rule of thumb I usually only order cheap stuff off Amazon, but lately I have had 2 items arrive with the standard Amazon packaging opened and other deliveries where the driver just dumped the parcel at the door after knocking and drove off. It's not the same driver either so I dont know what is happening with their service at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom