Total War: Warhammer 2

Caporegime
3700x with 5700xt ,12gb ram all installed fresh on an M2 hard drive and x570 elite motherboard.
All drivers up to date .

All settings on ultra on dx11,AA to max basically what it recommended, it runs fine for a few minutes then it has drops in frame rate .

Also tried knocking shadows down AA etc all down to high and still no better...

Will have another play around with settings tonight
Sorted apparently shadows are a big deal so set all to ultra and just turned Shadows off. Works a treat.
Shadows cause an impact but really improve the graphics. Unfortunately, AMD CPU/GPU rigs also seem to run badly with TWW2 compared to Intel/Nvidia.

Associate
I had problems playing this game and crashes/freezes with a 2070 super, tested an rx 580 8gb and it worked fine (albeit lower FPS). Using a 3600X and actually found the AMD CPU/GPU setup more stable. I will look at the shadows stuff though - thanks.

Soldato
Since the update I noticed the game being slower in menus. The actual game still runs fine for me but if I want to save/ load a game it takes few seconds to get into menu.

Soldato
Curse of the Vampire Coast is 50% off for the first time.

£7.49 is my buy price for the race packs. IIRC even at 50% off the DLC totals something like £60.

Last edited:
Soldato
Heads up, this is on Steam for £13.59, I haven't played the original so I picked that up for £9.99 to play first, also on sale.

Just buy the 2nd one as well. You can play all the content from first plus it's improved. I bought it at the end of august and not played another game since.

Associate
Just buy the 2nd one as well. You can play all the content from first plus it's improved. I bought it at the end of august and not played another game since.

This is a good shout, with the amount of time I can actually dedicate to gaming both would last me a far long while!

Soldato
One of my HDDs failed last week, it was the one with my TW:WH 1 & 2 saves on it. Got a completed Empire campaign and a 150 odd hours in a Lizardmen/Seraphim campaign as well :(

Soldato
This is a good shout, with the amount of time I can actually dedicate to gaming both would last me a far long while!
FYI, Its not about time to dedicate. #2 IS the first game with extra races. Its played on the same map, Albeit larger, With more races and improved mechanics+tweaks. The only caveat is that you have to OWN #1 to be able to play as the original races in #2

Soldato
How long "roughly" for each of the two types of games are your turns taking (say around turn 20) and is your game on a SSD?

ty

As mentioned it's down to CPU power. Plus there are other factors to consider. How many factions you encountered already and amount of their armies/ agents visible.

I'm 80ish turns into my tomb kings campaign and would say it takes about a minute. I run i5 4690k so quite old, think the OC is at 4.4ghz

Back
Top Bottom