** NEW LG MONITORS - INCLUDING 2 EXCLUSIVE TO OCUK!!! **

Associate
For me it looks, you don't have any questions, just came here to complain about 34GK950, Atleast I didn't notice any problems on my 27GL850, but if any those problems you mentioned are developing only after a few months of use.. we will see later. For now no issues at all. And also as always there is a panel lottery, so you can never be sure on any monitor...

Associate
About: LG 27GL850
There is uniformity issue confirmed by rtings's review. Some consumers also complain yellow tint on white paper. The panel lottery is still a thing.
It's remind me the beginning of AUO panels..
Today, consumers are more focused on DCI-P3 color gamut, 1ms latency, HDR stuff than comparing sharpness, uniformity.
Then as tomuks said, we just need to wait 6 months to see what it ll be about bugs..

About: LG 34GK950
In the beginning, everybody was saying, the monitor is amazing...
Past 6 months, consumers start to see issues as scanlines, you can read thread on reddit :
https://www.reddit.com/r/ultrawidem..._lg_34gk950fb_failing_panel_horizontal_lines/

https://www.reddit.com/r/ultrawidemasterrace/comments/ddguhd/lg34gk950fb_weird_lines_across_screen/

https://www.reddit.com/r/ultrawidemasterrace/comments/dfkpdr/lg_34gk950fb_wake_from_sleep_problem/

Last edited:

arx

arx

Associate
Can anyone comment on how the g sync feels compared to a monitor with a full g sync chip in there, I have an xb271hu and I’m wondering how the experience will compare? How does setting up g sync work, is it the same where you just plug in the monitor an nvidia control panel will just say “configure g sync monitor?”

Soldato
Can anyone comment on how the g sync feels compared to a monitor with a full g sync chip in there, I have an xb271hu and I’m wondering how the experience will compare? How does setting up g sync work, is it the same where you just plug in the monitor an nvidia control panel will just say “configure g sync monitor?”

As above, though you also have to sing happy birthday to AMD (three rounds) for the button to appear.

Associate
Just got email that my LG monitor was shipped :O
Anyone else? I wonder if they got their October batch earlier, was told late October/early November last time I talked with OC.UK support.

Ah yes next day delivery mon-friday shipped on a Friday :))

Associate
Just got email that my LG monitor was shipped :O
Anyone else? I wonder if they got their October batch earlier, was told late October/early November last time I talked with OC.UK support.

Ah yes next day delivery mon-friday shipped on a Friday :))

Just got off from support, they have received a 20 units batch.

Associate
Received mine yesterday and I love it, the monitor seems perfect , no ips glow or blb visible to my naked eye. but If i take a pic with my phone it shows like this

rm_RKvP7TBKIKseX7mkZjg.png

Together with AOC 27G2U on the left, both monitors at 20% brightness.
V8S-EJguTnOsrrHVcgbB4Q.png

Soldato
Anyone upgraded from a similar 1440 27” TN 144hz panel to this?

Was thinking of waiting for a 32” or 40” 120hz IPS screen with FALD but I think this will be far away.

Currently rocking a BenQ xl2730z, and really want to upgrade to IPS.

Associate
Anyone upgraded from a similar 1440 27” TN 144hz panel to this?

Was thinking of waiting for a 32” or 40” 120hz IPS screen with FALD but I think this will be far away.

Currently rocking a BenQ xl2730z, and really want to upgrade to IPS.
Ha ha funny story I updated from exactly the same monitor, now using benq as 2nd monitor, the difference in colour is just massive :D

Back
Top Bottom