• iPhone 11 Pro - 512Gb

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max - 64Gb

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max - 256Gb

Votes: 41 13.7%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max - 512Gb

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Too expensive,, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 51 17.0%
  • Not interested, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 109 36.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
He's looking at an 11 and not the Pro... to which I would say the quality of screen is comparable quality wise to iPad Pro even though it doesn't have the refresh rate

Associate
2 panics after restoring is enough to get it replaced - honestly your putting up for no reason

So whilst i was at work the phone was fine no issues. I went to play golf this afternoon and the handset restarted 12 times!!! There are 12 panic logs under analytics. I'd attach a screenshot but have no idea how to :)

Associate
Any IPhone 11 owners. I’m thinking of changing over to IOS from my Galaxy S9. I currently own a IPad Pro 11 inch and it’s fantastic and I find myself using it more than my S9.
Couple of questions,how is the screen quality on the 11 compared to the IPad Pro? And the camera is it any better than the S9. I do have a DSLR for proper photography but I use my phone on trips out and holiday.
Can afford the Pro or Pro max. Had a play with my Mums Xr and couldn’t really notice any difference in Camera quality or screen resolution. I usually run my S9 in 1080p mode so it doesn’t romp through it battery.

I can’t comment on an s9, iPad Pro or XR as much have never used them. But I do own the s8+, N10+ and formerly a s10+ so i would definetly place myself in the sammy galaxy/note brigade.

Iirc the s8+ and s9+ are fairly similar I would have thought and. I do think the 11 pro and max shoots better pics. It not a case of natural processed look the camera portrays compared to the Samsung’s which tend to be over exposed, over saturated and over process which truth be told I prefer. It just I find Samsung phones it takes quite a few shots before I am happy with the results where as first pic taken is I am happy with the 11 pro. I am not a budding photographer or even have any experience in this field so I am sure someone such as yourself would really need to go into a store or something and try it out. I don’t expect it to replace your DSLR but if it not a critical work or personal picture shot it is just the convienience or not lugging all that gear around to take a simple shot when the DSLR is not needed.

The screen is pretty good and it is brighter than Samsung phones but overall I still prefer the Samsung screens in Samsung phones overall.

The battery life from what I have been seeing so far is exceptional. But in my case I am a light user as when I am at work none of us really have time to use phones and our jobs are not phone critical in the slightest. So I only get to really use the phone after work. That being said in similar usage to my other phones it does seem to have more battery life left over when I Go to bed then the Samsung’s. I probably charge my phone like once every two days sometimes three. But like I said I am a light user compared to most people.

you can try it out buy one and if you are not happy with it, return it within n 14 days only you can decide if it is for you. I have had mine for just under two weeks and I have been loving it for the most part. I have the pro max version and if you have any further questions just drop me an email via trust.

Soldato
I'm not a fan of iOS whatsoever (do you still have to dig into settings to add a new WiFi network?), but I'm considering switching due to the growing concerns over Google's use of data
No you can do it from the ‘control centre’ menu by swiping down on the home screen.

Soldato
I'm not a fan of iOS whatsoever (do you still have to dig into settings to add a new WiFi network?), but I'm considering switching due to the growing concerns over Google's use of data
How many new wifi networks do you join :p

Can understand not being a fan of iOS but this seems a weird one to get hung up on.

If you are signing into G services in your new iPhone, will it make much difference anyway?

Associate
okay the daughter is asking me to find a deal on an iPhone 11 for her, but can I ask what she will gain over her iPhone X that she has had since launch ?
Thanks

Soldato
okay the daughter is asking me to find a deal on an iPhone 11 for her, but can I ask what she will gain over her iPhone X that she has had since launch ?
Thanks
(Much) better camera

Slightly faster processor and more memory and possibly more battery life, but not really enough to notice for any of these things.

Worse screen

I did the same move myself and managed to sell my X to a recycling site for £440 so it wasn't too expensive to switch, and I consider it worthwhile for the camera improvements alone.

Soldato
Thanks

The 11's are nice devices, but they do have noticeably chunkier bezels, so although the screen size isn't much bigger, the phone certainly feels larger. And the screen on the 11 is inexcusable. That's not to say it's awful, but you KNOW it's been purposefully gimped in order to differentiate between the standard 11 and the Pro series.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Thanks

Shes probably a young girl so is a selfie merchant, the camera is enough reason for her to upgrade. Dont think she even cares about anything else other than camera and social media apps opening quicker

Soldato
so now I have a 11 pro max and the wife has an 11 pro my son (spoilt brat) wants an 11...… anyway i've sold her old x and was thinking of getting him an 11 for Christmas, just wondering when does the warranty start is it from activation or is it from purchase, worried that if I leave it too close to Christmas I might not be able to get one etc, looking around everyone seems to say from purchase but when I check mine and my wifes 11's they are showing the activation dates (neither were purchased from apple)

Soldato
I've come from an XS Max and did some speculative eBay bidding - ended up with a new 11 Pro Max 256 luckily for £900. I'd originally voted no to the upgrade, but also did the same for the last annual upgrade and ending up getting a pre-owned XS Max anyway.

I rather regret the 11 Pro Max now that I've got it. The camera advances are significant (which is what I was taking speculative punt on after few eBay listings) but nothing else is hugely different. I didn't have a problem with the XS Max battery - it would always get me through a day of moderate to heavy use with enough battery to get call a cab home after 20 hours. Still a really nice phone though, and I do like it. I'd feel a whole lot better about it if I could sell my old phone rather than my son nicking it off me.

Associate
Shes probably a young girl so is a selfie merchant, the camera is enough reason for her to upgrade. Dont think she even cares about anything else other than camera and social media apps opening quicker
Actually a 30 year old that asked me to find out the differences between the models for her

Associate
just wondering when does the warranty start is it from activation or is it from purchase, worried that if I leave it too close to Christmas I might not be able to get one etc, looking around everyone seems to say from purchase but when I check mine and my wifes 11's they are showing the activation dates (neither were purchased from apple)

My 11, series 5 watch, and 2019 Air are all showing the (first) activation date as the start of the warranty... added Applecare+ to them all and the subsequent end date's two years on from the activation date as well. None of mine bought direct from Apple either... purchase dates on the 11 and Air were 1-2 days before activation.

No entirely sure that's correct in consumer law, but happy to have clarity from someone with more background/experience in that area!

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Actually a 30 year old that asked me to find out the differences between the models for her

My point still stands though, I think the main camera is the thing she would be interested in and the phone being a little faster.

Soldato
Thanks

If she's had the 10 from launch then she may well not like the display of the 11 as it means returning to LCD over OLED. It may not break the deal for her but it's something I don't like when using my 10.5 iPad compared.
The camera on the 11 will be ahead of the camera of her 10
The battery life is genuinely amazing. I now only charge my phone in the morning, don't even both with overnight charging now.

If she was like me and used 3D touch a lot, that is the biggest thing missing from this phone.

Back
Top Bottom