**** The Official Google Pixel 4 Thread ****

V_R

V_R

Soldato
5 hours and 44 mins out of his XL. That's more like it.

Barely over 3 hours SOT here.

Last edited:
Soldato
I do defend Google pixels a lot as I am quite a fan of the pixel experience. But does seem shocking the standard 4 has such a small battery.

XL looks ok from the reviews I have seen.

Soldato
Unless the 4xl gets some seriously nice Black Friday deals I think I’ll be skipping a phone upgrade this year altogether. The only phone that’s really tempting me now is the iPhone 11 pro max but just can not justify the cost.

Soldato
FFS Google, I'm still on the original Pixel waiting patiently for the Pixel 4, and then you go and put a crap battery in it, bonkers!

Are there any other phones that offer pure Android?

Soldato
Unless the 4xl gets some seriously nice Black Friday deals I think I’ll be skipping a phone upgrade this year altogether. The only phone that’s really tempting me now is the iPhone 11 pro max but just can not justify the cost.

I suspect a discount will be available at black Friday. But as I said before getting a Chromebook free now might also represent a good discount if you either sell or use it.

The iPhone 11pro is a beast. I just can't switch. I use an iPhone for work and it's great in many areas. However I just can't switch it feels like I would be swapping the team I love and support for a rival :D

My loss hey

V_R

V_R

Soldato
But as I said earlier in this thread, you'll be lucky to get £100 for the Chromebook, eBay etc will be flooded with them. Hell you can pick up a refurbished one now for £150 from an online retailer.

This is the one you get with the Pixel.

I'm going to get the screen replaced on my 2XL and see what happens next.

Associate
my plan for the chromebook is for a portable stadia machine!

also on the 4 battery doesnt android normally take a week or so to bed in and gets better with app optimization so should hopefully improve.

Associate
FFS Google, I'm still on the original Pixel waiting patiently for the Pixel 4, and then you go and put a crap battery in it, bonkers!

Are there any other phones that offer pure Android?
Oxygen OS on Oneplus is the closest thing to pure Android, might be worth looking at these unless having the ultimate camera phone is a must.

Associate
He's not too happy with the 4XL.
I wouldn't categorically say that, he did say he would be one of the few to pick it up over other phones while most people should look elsewhere. Still a great review as usual. The 60hz/90hz trick Google uses to save some battery life feels a bit shady, they charge extra for that display afterall.

Associate
I wish they'd used a larger battery :(
If the screen time is bad now, imagine what it's going to be like in 12 months once it starts to degrade.
I've had my 2XL for over 18 months and my screen time has dropped to about the same as these new phones, around 5-6hrs

Soldato
Battery life has always been rubbish on most modern phones to be fair, my 3XL was fully charged at 8:15 this morning, now it's 10:05 and it's on 85% - all I have done is send a few whatsapp messages (not media) and made one brief phone call, hardly taxing it. But this is just something I come to expect, given chargers are pretty much everywhere, your desk, your home etc.

Back
Top Bottom