**** The Official Google Pixel 4 Thread ****

Soldato
£999. LOL.

Why not, I've sold a few playstations and xbox consoles over the years at daft prices. I remember selling a used iPhone 4 back in the day to some guy in Canada for £1,100.

If people are that desperate, let them waste their money. Personally I think anyone who buys before black Friday is wasting money but people want what they want.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Why not, I've sold a few playstations and xbox consoles over the years at daft prices. I remember selling a used iPhone 4 back in the day to some guy in Canada for £1,100.

If people are that desperate, let them waste their money. Personally I think anyone who buys before black Friday is wasting money but people want what they want.
I understand why, but its retarded. The phone is already way overpriced. Oh well you know what they say about a fool and his money.

Soldato
Haaaaaang on a minute, I read somewhere they weren't doing the unlimited online storage, or it was only until 2020. I want a new phone but tbh I'm more pushed towards the 3a as I really want a headphone jack and it's quite a bit cheaper + still a massive upgrade over my current budget handset (G6s)

V_R

V_R

Soldato
You don't get free unlimited storage at original quality with the P4. While I with my 2Xl get it until 2020. Go figure.

Associate
Would I be wrong in thinking that although they have removed the unlimited quality for pictures and reverted to the default high (matching gphotos on other devices) realistically there is no difference as these pictures don't meet the storage requirements of original let alone high...

Man of Honour
The photos sure, the visual quality difference will be negligible but with videos the quality is likely to be noticed when the videos are played back on a larger display as codec compression will be evident due to the lower bitrates used vs original quality. If you're taking snaps and vids of family and friends then you want to retain the highest possible quality for years and years and not be subjected to a lower standard.

Personally I won't ever buy a phone that doesn't have 128GB as its baseline with the option beyond 256GB or removable storage.

Soldato
Would I be wrong in thinking that although they have removed the unlimited quality for pictures and reverted to the default high (matching gphotos on other devices) realistically there is no difference as these pictures don't meet the storage requirements of original let alone high...

When using the high quality/unlimited option all photos are processed and compressed a little, even if they're below the upper size limit. In reality though most people would never notice any difference as the processing is pretty good.

Like if you upload a 1080p video to YouTube, they'll still process it themselves before it plays back at 1080p on the site.

Edit: Just to add a bit more clarity, most people probably wouldn't notice but some might so it's up to you to decide if you're happy with the trade off. There are some comparisons knocking about if you want to see the differences for yourself.

Back
Top Bottom