Threats with police by company I was purchasing from

Soldato
I initially found a motherboard that was cheaper than everywhere else but about £50-£60. I did realise they had poor reviews but thought why not take a punt and have a Paypal backup.

Because its a total waste of your life energy, as you've clearly demonstrated :p

I don't know why people bother risking it... there are bad reviews for a reason.

Soldato
Time and energy, neither easily replaceable. I have other things I want/need to do, rather than not get stuff delivered, argue with dodgy companies and have my plans impacted.

It's just hassle, that's why reviews are important when choosing a service. You've maybe got loads of expendable time, in which case I'm jealous, as I have very tight windows of opportunity these days.

Soldato
When I have dealt with a company like this I sent all the emails and interactions to PayPal asking why they allowed the company to use PayPal when this sort of practice goes on, they were removed a few weeks later.

Associate
They use pictures on their homepage of other companies custom built PCs (with their logo's included in the builds), and have then photoshopped very poorly their own logo on the front of the case. If it was my company they were stealing product images from and pretending it was theirs, they'd be in trouble. Anything like that would ring alarm bells with me.

I suspect they don't even hold their own component stock, they probably get orders dropped shipped from a distributor.

Back
Top Bottom