**** The Official Google Pixel 4 Thread ****

Soldato
With all this in mind, does anyone know of a small 5,000 'lipstick' style PD 18W charger? :) Can't see small ones on Amazon, just 10,000mAh+

Have a look for the iWALK Qi on Amazon - not quite what you're looking for but I stumbled across it last night and it looked quite interesting. Not worth £20, but I've put a price alert on it to see if it drops down.

Soldato
I've not tried it, but I saw Pikachu in my live wallpapers...

Have a look for the iWALK Qi on Amazon - not quite what you're looking for but I stumbled across it last night and it looked quite interesting. Not worth £20, but I've put a price alert on it to see if it drops down.

Wow, that's an interesting looking product! I like that you can slap it on and carry on using your phone. 3,000mAh's is a little tight. Given the usual efficiency I would expect to get about 70% charge into a P4, which I guess is enough for most situations. I might give one a go.

Got 5hr on screen time on a 12 hour charge with pixel 4.

Today, reasonably heavy use again, I only lasted 11 hours, but it was a touch under 4 hours screen on time to bring me down to 10%. Still not good, but as you say SOT isn't that bad. When things normalise I'm usually only around an hour a day. 30 mins charge will give me 44% too, so a quick top up at work will easily sort any long days I might have planned I think.

Soldato
Wow, that's an interesting looking product! I like that you can slap it on and carry on using your phone. 3,000mAh's is a little tight. Given the usual efficiency I would expect to get about 70% charge into a P4, which I guess is enough for most situations. I might give one a go.

Yeah I thought if it worked well it might be handy to carry around. Looks like it uses the nano-suction adhesive stuff you can buy, which if you haven't tried is pretty nifty.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
https://youtu.be/ehH8VykT0EQ

4:36 onwards

Not to mention its running at 60Hz most of the time unless you override it (which is causing crush issues at low brightness apparently) and it still has rubbish battery life, so I stand by my statement.

Ah my bad, I misread your original comment. For some reason I thought you said they forced the high refresh rate and it made no difference. Which was what I was questioning as from what users on Reddit are saying forcing 90Hz is, not unsurprisingly, hammering the battery even faster.

Yes as I posted earlier its only bumping the screen up to 90Hz at 75% and over brightness. Anything below that and its down to 60Hz.

Follow up to this, You can test your screen yourself by going to this link on you mobile.

https://www.testufo.com/

More info: https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixe...s_it_look_like_smooth_display_is_turning_off/

Associate
Might have been the way I typed it :)

The whole thing seems like a mess to me, will be interesting to see if they can be sorted out. It seems like nothing ever changes with Pixels!

Soldato
VR you are the profit of doom.

been using mine all day. love it! battery is good on the xl. face unlock is super fast and everything feels slick and fast. bit of an upgrade on my 3xl all be it minor. and so glad that damn notch has gone from my life :D even though i had it turned off.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
No I'm not, I'm just looking at it from an unbiased view. Rather than just Fanboying all over it. ;)

As I said, I really want to upgrade my 2XL to the 4XL. Like, really, but google are not making it easy!

On the plus side, if you read that Reddit thread it looks like the 'low brightness black crush' issue is fixable. *finger crossed*

Soldato
No I'm not, I'm just looking at it from an unbiased view. Rather than just Fanboying all over it. ;)

As I said, I really want to upgrade my 2XL to the 4XL. Like, really, but google are not making it easy!

On the plus side, if you read that Reddit thread it looks like the 'low brightness black crush' issue is fixable. *finger crossed*

some times you just need to dive in. if i have any issues i will return within 14 days. i am happy with my purchase. yes i would have changed lots of things if i was the top man within the pixel team. but i have come to the conclusion there is no perfect phone. its just about ticking as many boxes as you can coping with the rest. its people like us that are the issue. pretty sure i could give my wife a £50 phone and she would not give a hoot :)

Associate
some times you just need to dive in. if i have any issues i will return within 14 days. i am happy with my purchase. yes i would have changed lots of things if i was the top man within the pixel team. but i have come to the conclusion there is no perfect phone. its just about ticking as many boxes as you can coping with the rest. its people like us that are the issue. pretty sure i could give my wife a £50 phone and she would not give a hoot :)

Sums things up with the state of tech nowadays. Happy with my P2. Sometimes the background separation can be hit and miss and the video is woeful in anything but good light but it's functioned brilliantly over the past 2 years.

Soldato

Ha ha, I honestly don't think I've seen anyone 'fanboying' over it, those of us not bothered as much by some of the negatives are being quite even I think... but then when I say 'it might just need a short top up charge if it might be a long day', you say...

have to wall/desk hug during the day

Sorry, that's not a balanced response because it's not what's said, implied or needed. If there's a bias to this, it looks to me like it's on your side of things...

Anyway, back to more balanced views :p ... so Soli only seems to work on Google Music for me? not my podcast app of choice, not even Google Podcasts. Do we know what apps it's supposed to work with?

Last edited:
Associate
Sums things up with the state of tech nowadays. Happy with my P2. Sometimes the background separation can be hit and miss and the video is woeful in anything but good light but it's functioned brilliantly over the past 2 years.

indeed, I’ve been using the iPhone lately ; and iPad at home), always acknowledged to be the most reliable device on the market but even after using that I’ve noticed minor technical quibbles. I’ve come to the conclusion I have to try and relax more and accept these things are very complicated and never going to be perfect.

Heck I’ve always been a bit of a windows hater but I’m even making peace with that now since my iPad does glitch out from time to time. If something as pared back as iOS and iPad can glitch out then anything can.

Although having said all of the above it should still be acceptable to talk about it without being accused of moaning :)

I’m still interested in the 4xl even after the negative reviews because I still like the concept. I just hope they can sort some of the worse bugs...

Back
Top Bottom