39 Bodies found in Lorry in Essex

Caporegime
Argh - oh dear. I do hope they have something legit on him and aren’t just doing this to pressure him into giving info they presume he has.

I’d assume so given they’ve had further arrests since then. Also it doesn’t seem like he’d have a good excuse for what he was doing given where he was found...

Associate
Just checked his FB profile loads of people giving him grief on their, almost 2k comments. Must be awful for his family/friends.

Soldato
its in the comments on his fb

You're best ignoring anything social media related to this case. Social media says he's out of jail, news says he's still in. Social media says there's no way he's guilty, he's now been charged. It's full of hearsay.

As for a lorry driver owning a £160k house... I know hgv drivers earning just under £4k a month. There's bloody good money in it if you're doing long haul and over night stays. Temping is also decent. My mate owns a driver temp agency, spit with his missus 2 years ago, bought himself a £180k house, new bmw m5, got a caravan, an audi and a brand new Ford pick up on his drive. Nice holidays 2-3 times a year. Great money in it.

Caporegime
Long haul trampers usually earn pretty decent money so a £160k house isn't that unusual.
This is true, you can earn easily enough to mortgage a nice pad, trouble is you don't get to see it much.

The driver does deserve some credit though as I'd have thought some more criminally experienced cooler heads would have quietly shut the door back up again having made the discovery, driven back to Ireland and found somewhere to dig a big hole a long way from prying eyes.

the scary part of that is I bet it has happened.

Soldato
as a sidenote how can he be charged with manslaughter if they reckon they were already dead before he picked up the trailer off the ferry??

Associate
Argh - oh dear. I do hope they have something legit on him and aren’t just doing this to pressure him into giving info they presume he has.

Why would they bother? He'd just keep quiet regardless, get his court hearing, plead not guilty and the case would fall apart and he'd walk due to lack of evidence.

The mere fact the police have included money laundering into his charges goes to show that they're confident there's more to this than meets the eye. From experience, persuading the CPS to authorise charges, especially at this level, indicates at least a minimum of a good level of evidence against him.

Back
Top Bottom