The Outer Worlds (Obsidian)

Soldato
I was thinking it looked like a sorta Borderlands, not as bad, but towards that direction. My summary from watching someone playing it is that the graphics are bad, the characters are like 80's flip-flop 2D shapes that "face" you. It has HP bars, it's got hit markers, it's got magical floating damage points, the weapons have no weight to them and feels like crap and they didn't give the main character a voice, it has few NPC's, the NPC's it has all have the same leaning against a wall animation copy-pasta and the writing is as bad the last season of Game of Thrones by Dumb & Dumber.

Just the first looks, my opinion might change when my download is finished and I play it.

You've obviously missed that the developers have clearly gone for an art-style, just like Bioshock did (Art Deco), and just like Borderlands (Graphic novels) does. The art style is classic sci-fi it harks back to 50s comics. All have succesfully used an art-style, so in my opinion none can be said to be 'bad' graphically as tbhey have all hit their intended mark.

I think you've missed the point with how the game is presented.

Associate
Really enjoying it so far - been finding it very hard to get going with games of late but this has me hooked.

Highly recomend editing the .ini though - settings I'm using:

[SystemSettings]
r.MaxAnisotropy=16
r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0
r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
r.TemporalAACurrentFrameWeight=0.2
r.TemporalAASamples=4
r.Tonemapper.Sharpen=1.05

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Really enjoying it so far - been finding it very hard to get going with games of late but this has me hooked.

Highly recomend editing the .ini though - settings I'm using:

[SystemSettings]
r.MaxAnisotropy=16
r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0
r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
r.TemporalAACurrentFrameWeight=0.2
r.TemporalAASamples=4
r.Tonemapper.Sharpen=1.05

I don't mind DoF so keep that on, but hate Bloom

r.DefaultFeature.Bloom=0
r.BloomQuality=0

Soldato
r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0 Is the one to turn off. That turns off the nasty chromatic aberration effect.

I don't get why develoers think all these crap effects are wanted by anyone. Especially with no off button! Make a nice looking world and then make it blurry :/

Soldato
Can't get this to work, downloaded it in xbox game pass and it runs at no more than 30 fps. It will only go higher to 100+ fps when I am in windowed mode at 1600 x res.

fk it, uninstalled cba.

Soldato
Ive installed this game on my F drive witch is a sabrent rocket nvme drive, but I cant for the life of me find it on there when i open the drive. Same with a few others. So what gives? Im using Gamepass.

Caporegime
Game Pass games are in encrypted folders so you'll have to take control via security permissions if you want to mess about with them.

As for me, I'm putting it to bed. Wasn't really enjoying it, it was more a chore. No time to play games that are a chore.

Ree

Ree

Associate
nice! i completely forgot i had a 3 month game pass when i got my ryzen gonna grab this and give it a bash.

Soldato
Fallout 4 was my fave game for a long time. But then I got bored of it. This feels exactly like F4 but with a different hat on. I know its the people who did Fall out vegas, Im not sure its going to hold my attention but i'll plow on.

Soldato
I've spent a bit of time with this game so far, from my angle it's got a lot going for it, and I'm enjoying it more than I ever did FO4.

The only slight negative is that the quests aren't all that interesting, mainly seems to be go here, kill stuff, come back. Witcher 3 showed me that it was possible to have decent side quests in a game.

I also don't know why they don't voice the main character.

What I can say is that the game plays well for what it is, the perks and skills are interesting, and the environments look great (to me). So I will definitely stick it through to completion.

Back
Top Bottom