**** The Official Google Pixel 4 Thread ****

Associate
when i start the record app, there a big red button bottom centre of the screen, just up and to the right of it is the transcribe button. in grey

Soldato
Wait until you go on holiday, wear caps,, hats, glasses etc. I imagine those times are when you'll notice faceunlock failing. But what happens then. How do you get it to try again?

Works with my Bennie hat on when I walk the dog, works with my sun glasses and my gaming headset. Can't imagine I will wear any more head gear.

I guess the final straw would be you use the pin ?

Soldato
Android 10 hasn't been out 2 years?! I'm asking specifically about stock Android 10. I've been able to for many years too, but now I have stock Android 10 I can't
Yes as I said "on android 10" I'm my post, and to clarify I could for at least a couple yearson android.

Thats a real bummer then. Something I'm surprised hasn't been mentioned yet.

Works with my Bennie hat on when I walk the dog, works with my sun glasses and my gaming headset. Can't imagine I will wear any more head gear.

I guess the final straw would be you use the pin ?
OK that's good to hear.

So what of the times when you lock the phone and remember something you forgot to do. This is before moving it away from pointing at you. Does the phone instantly try and unlock? I assume not as when you lock it you'd have to hide your face. But how do you reactivate it to try get it to faceunlock?

Soldato
Yes as I said "on android 10" I'm my post

To which I questioned 'stock Android 10?' I was just wanting to check if it was stock was all. Really annoyed I can't do it like I've been able to... but I've just googled why.

You can get back to your traditional Android lock screen by going into the face unlock settings (under security) and deactivate "Skip lock screen." In this mode, the phone still unlocks when you look at it, but you can peruse expandable notifications on the lock screen and swipe up to clear the lock screen when you're done. So, that's an extra step to start using the phone, but maybe that's worth the trade-off to you.

I'd rather go right to the phone I guess.

Soldato
So what of the times when you lock the phone and remember something you forgot to do. This is before moving it away from pointing at you. Does the phone instantly try and unlock? I assume not as when you lock it you'd have to hide your face. But how do you reactivate it to try get it to faceunlock?

Surely you've locked the screen by pressing the power button? If not, press it and press it again anyway and you're back in.

Soldato
OK that's good to hear.

Press the power button or tap the screen

Back
Top Bottom