Help with Gaming PC build. Budget about £1200. My configuration linked

Associate
What will you be doing with this PC?
  • I'm going to use this PC for mostly gaming and browsing; No edition nor streaming. I'll be playing most New AAA Games such as the new Call of Duty Modern Warfare, Red Dead Redemption, Apex etc. Looking for a PC build that would be long-lasting and future proofed really.

What is your maximum budget before rebates/shipping/taxes?
  • About £1200 without the monitor. Willing to stretch to £1700 if necessary/can see the value, with an above 60Hz monitor.
When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
  • As soon as possible. So 2 weeks yes.

What, exactly, do you need included in the budget? (Tower/OS/monitor/keyboard/mouse/etc)
  • Monitor (1440p, Over 60 Hz) and The PC (all parts & case).

Which country (and state/province) will you be purchasing the parts in?
  • Birmingham, United Kingdom

If reusing any parts (including monitor(s)/keyboard/mouse/etc), what parts will you be reusing?
  • I already have a monitor: Samsung C24F390 (using this and also buying another thats over 60Hz), Razer keyboard 'BlackWidow Ultimate 2016' and mouse ' Abyssus'.

Will you be overclocking? If yes, are you interested in overclocking right away, or down the line? CPU and/or GPU?
  • Not really, but I'd probably still go for an Intel i5-9600K since there isn't one without the 'K'.

Are there any specific features or items you want/need in the build?
  • Motherboard with integrated WiFi (ac or ax).
  • I don't store large amounts of data, so was thinking of getting a 500gb M.2 for the OS and a 500gb SSD for misc, OR just a 1tb m.2.

Do you have any specific case preferences (Size like ITX/microATX/mid-tower/full-tower, styles, colors, window or not, LED lighting, etc), or a particular color theme preference for the components?
  • Probably a black/grey ATX mid-tower, nothing too flashy, minimalistic with the odd LED here and there. With a window of course. Thinking the Phanteks P400 or NZXT H5**.

Do you need a copy of Windows included in the budget?
  • Windows 10 Home 64-bit. Whatever the cheaper option is, OEM or not.

Extra info or particulars:
  • Here is a link to my PC part picker configuration - worked out to about £1.2k without the monitor. I've spent days configuring this (as I'm a newbie really). I'm kind of set on the i5-9600k CPU, Z390 motherboard and the RTX 2060 super GPU, but I've since been told an AMD Ryzen 5 3600 might be a better option...! Regarding the rest of the components, I've done a fair amount of research and concluded on those, not much to it really, so I'm open to suggestions. Have a look and maybe tweak it/make suggestions from there? Really appreciate any useful input you guys might have.

• CPU: Intel Core i5-9600K 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory
    Storage: Sabrent Rocket 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
    Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8 GB WINDFORCE OC Video Card
    Case: NZXT H510 ATX Mid Tower Case
    Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM
  • Also happy if someone fancies configuring a cheaper build for me haha! I'm just open to suggestions really.
  • Question: If I go for an AMD CPU, would I benefit from an AMD GPU too, or can I stick to my RTX 2060 super?

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Motherboard with integrated WiFi (ac or ax).

You may be better off getting a USB 3 wifi adapter - OCUK sell several - and putting it on the end of a USB 3 cable so you don't have a large hunk of metal - the PC - between the PC's wifi and your router. But try to have a wired connection if you can.

Associate
OP
You may be better off getting a USB 3 wifi adapter - OCUK sell several - and putting it on the end of a USB 3 cable so you don't have a large hunk of metal - the PC - between the PC's wifi and your router. But try to have a wired connection if you can.
Thanks! But I think motherboards like the Aorus Z390 comes with an external antenna that connects to the motherboard from the back panel.

Associate
The i5 is rubbish, get the 3600

Not rubbish, get more cores and that per and but doesn't mean it's rubbish.
It's like all other tech is a write off instantly if there's something a bit better in that price range.

For reference OP, I have that processor and same gfx card, still 100X better than my previous machine I built back in 2012. I don't need to run at 4k resolution and it's smashing everything I put at it.

Be careful as some people's advice in here isn't constructive but is more their personal opinion.

I chose against going Ryzen because the movie are expensive and need flashing and I can't be bothered, let's plug and go and that's what my current system did.

Soldato
I chose against going Ryzen because the movie are expensive and need flashing and I can't be bothered, let's plug and go and that's what my current system did.

That's only true if you buy the older boards. If you buy one specifically marked for Ryzen 3, then it's not required. It's unnecessary to scare people like this and Ryzen is definitely the go to for price vs performance

Associate
That's only true if you buy the older boards. If you buy one specifically marked for Ryzen 3, then it's not required. It's unnecessary to scare people like this and Ryzen is definitely the go to for price vs performance

how is it scaring people...
ive said, they are more expensive if its ryzen 2 or 3, makes no difference. they are more expensive with the 2's needing a flash. not scaring people, giving the OP some reference that others will not, because its their opinion over everyone else's
Also as seen in this forum and other forums some of the ryzen 3 boards have needed to be flashed too.

Back
Top Bottom