New Nvidia Shield pro

Permabanned
Shield update kind of waste of time for now but they could have given it 1GB more Ram so 4GB and added WIFI 6AX to the BT 5.0 it now has and gave it at least 64GB Storage not 16GB.

And adding a Netflix button to remote is cheesy like some all4one remote from a decade ago but no doubt they got paid to do this.

I will sit om my 2017 non Pro till next proper upgrade.

EDIT: Just read NetFlix now will not allow any hardware to ship with it installed unless the remote has their Logo on it, bunch of *******.

Last edited:
Permabanned
And a little brother to go with it, he is called Toby. :p

New-NVIDIA-SHIELD-TV-Stick1.jpg

New-NVIDIA-SHIELD-TV-Stick2.jpg

Screen-Shot-2019-10-17-at-11-59-53-AM.png

https://www.droid-life.com/2019/10/...-early-in-smaller-stick-form-same-new-remote/

Associate
I have been waiting for the pro for a while now. I don't own an Nvidia shield TV so really excited to get one. I am after the unit, remote, game controller and stand.

I purchased a USB 3/SSD cable so I can hook up an external SSD for extra storage. Hope it works. ;)

Associate
I see there's no game controller bundled with the new shield. The 2017 shield is around £180 including the controller but the 2019 version is £199 without the controller. Which is the better buy?

Soldato
I didn't see a problem with the previous version. Just looked like any other router in my eyes.

Feeling a bit scammed with this revision though as it doesn't include a controller, and I think that is for the same price as the previous gen originally sold for.

Yes, many of us, including myself already have a controller, but if it isn't included, drop the price.... Oh, and include a HDMI cable! That would be nice too

Associate
It is stated any controllers work over BT, will just use my PS4 controller if I use it for gaming.

Looking forward to seeing how good the AI Enhanced scaling is.

Back
Top Bottom