The Tesla Thread

Associate
Does anyone know how long to get a car allocated if buying via a lease agreement? My details were passed on and got an email saying welcome to Tesla but when trying to use credentials in the Tesla app it says no products linked to your Tesla account.

nam

nam

Soldato
who is your leasing company ? they pass the details including referrals as soon as the order is placed to Tesla. You should receive your order number if you login to mytesla account with same details you gave to leasing company

Does anyone know how long to get a car allocated if buying via a lease agreement? My details were passed on and got an email saying welcome to Tesla but when trying to use credentials in the Tesla app it says no products linked to your Tesla account.

Soldato
Awesome! A former work colleague of mine works at the West Drayton branch so he said he's going to try to organise a Performance model for my test drive tomorrow but the system allocates the cars so it's difficult for them to change it.

Genuinely excited for my second test drive.

Well, I did get a test drive in a P- so thank you to Al at the West Drayton branch for arranging that :)

I don't know how you describe to someone just how utterly brutal, yet smooth, the acceleration of a Performance model is. If that doesn't make you giggle like an idiot then you are dead on the inside. I did feel motion sickness towards the end of the test drive and I am not prone to it at all.

The pick up of the Performance model is noticeably better than the SR+. The SR+ does well above 20MPH but the Performance model pulls very strong from standstill. There is a video on YouTube that explains why this is (from 06:40 - )

I wish the car had been a P+ so that I could feel if the 20" wheels are any harsher, but again I was astounded at how well damped the Model 3 is. We purposefully took the back roads back to West Drayton and it performed admirably over rough surfaces and speed bumps.

Things I don't like about the Model 3?

1) Autopilot did not pick up any of the 50MPH signs in the roadworks section at J4B of the M4. This disappointed me because my A4 definitely would have.

2) I wish the wing mirrors had blindspot warning LEDs on them.

3) There is no "avoid motorways" option in the satnav.

4) I couldn't find a way to type in an artist or song name into Spotify but I will say that I didn't try *too* hard.

5) The front seats do not have extendable thigh support cushions.

6) Both of the cars in our household have a heads up display. Not having one in the Model 3 is very disappointing to me at this price point.

Having said that, I am doing some frantic man maths :) I am very tempted by the Performance model, and had they not put the price up recently it would be very difficult to resist.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well, I did get a test drive in a P- so thank you to Al at the West Drayton branch for arranging that :)

I don't know how you describe to someone just how utterly brutal, yet smooth, the acceleration of a Performance model is. If that doesn't make you giggle like an idiot then you are dead on the inside. I did feel motion sickness towards the end of the test drive and I am not prone to it at all.

The pick up of the Performance model is noticeably better than the SR+. The SR+ does well above 20MPH but the Performance model pulls very strong from standstill. There is a video on YouTube that explains why this is (from 06:40 - )

I wish the car had been a P+ so that I could feel if the 20" wheels are any harsher, but again I was astounded at how well damped the Model 3 is. We purposefully took the back roads back to West Drayton and it performed admirably over rough surfaces and speed bumps.

1) Autopilot did not pick up any of the 50MPH signs in the roadworks section at J4B of the M4. This disappointed me because my A4 definitely would have.

4) I couldn't find a way to type in an artist or song name into Spotify but I will say that I didn't try *too* hard.

6) Both of the cars in our household have a heads up display. Not having one in the Model 3 is very disappointing to me at this price point.

Having said that, I am doing some frantic man maths :) I am very tempted by the Performance model, and had they not put the price up recently it would be very difficult to resist.

As a Tesla Owner a few answers to your questions:
  1. Autopilot does not currently recognise speed signs. It's all based on nav data currently. It's on the to do list to bring back speed recognition. (Gen one AP cars have this as Tesla originally used MobileEye a 3rd party to provide the system).
  2. Fair enough, but it shows in there dash :)
  3. Coming soon
  4. Search anything then choose artist filter or if you use voice search it will change to artist as appropriate.
  5. Seats are pretty poor across the range.
  6. Fair enough but you won't need it with auto pilot :)

Soldato

This is a big pain for me too as I spend my life on the M4. The worst is the fact that if you hit the brake or cancel AP, it will reset to 70mph... There is no setting to make the AP speed equal the speed you were at when you engaged it. Apparently there is a patent issue with recognizing speed cameras.

To be fair, the screen will flash red and move you if you're about to hit another car. Wouldn't rely on it though.

Search text bottom right, or might be easier to use voice control.

Yup, seats are pretty short! Oh, and there's no cover on the dead pedal either so watch the muddy feet!

Never had a HUD so can't say what you would miss. I have no issues with the screen but do sometimes notice the voice nav might not match the map (e.g. take first left, when it means 2nd left).

Soldato

I thought this would be a nightmare for me, im 6'6", but as it turns out they are super comfy. Would definitely like extenders though.

Soldato
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks the seats could be longer :) They were very comfortable but we only had 30 minutes with the car so I'd be very curious to see what they're like on a 2+ hour journey.

Fair enough but you won't need it with auto pilot :)

There seem to be a lot of complaints online about Autopilot. It can be erratic and brakes when you least expect it to, but I can't really say that the adaptive cruise in my A4 is perfect either and it's generally far too busy on the M25 (the motorway I use daily) to use it. AP is also not really suitable for urban driving which is why I said in a previous post that I'd really like a conventional speed limiter for that type of driving.

I almost wish the Model 3 was rubbish at just being a "car" and only great at being a missile because then I'd be far less tempted to buy one. But, the comfort of it is far superior to what I have now and fulfills my desire for a lot more performance without bank-breaking running costs. Just need to work out the best one to fund one :)

Soldato
As much as I want to try a performance model I'm holding off as my plan was to PCP an SR+ for 2 years to see how the market develops. I wasn't sure if there would be a flood of cheaper cars which isn't looking so likely now and the subsequent 5% price increase helped. Maybe in that time Tesla will have made some more developments as a result of their recent purchases and we may get more Model 3 options.

I have 50% of my commute on 70 mph dual carriageway and the autopilot makes that a "pleasure" to drive or at least monitor! The last section is stop start dual carriageway with 7 or 8 sets of lights, maybe the FSD will eventually be able to handle that as well but not for the extra cost.

Apparently the new software update is already propagating so fingers crossed we get pre-condition scheduling before winter really sets in.

Last edited:
Soldato

There has been no price rise. The price was initially higher and was dropped after the first batch of cars. Tesla then subsequently increased the price but not by as much as they reduced it by. So net it’s still cheaper than it was at launch.

Soldato
There has been no price rise. The price was initially higher and was dropped after the first batch of cars. Tesla then subsequently increased the price but not by as much as they reduced it by. So net it’s still cheaper than it was at launch.

Agreed, but knowing that the Performance model was £49xxx only a few weeks ago does sting a bit.

Soldato
Any further forward with your car? How are you finding the MS compared to the M3?

Last parts were due in yesterday - had an update to confirm that it "should" be ready for tomorrow but nothing firm yet.

MS is nice - bigger, it's 3 years old and 50k on the clock but in superb condition and bodes well for the build quality longer term on the Model 3.

Only got a keyfob so in these cold mornings I can't preheat the car etc without getting in it myself.

Only thing I would say is I don't really see where double the price for the Model S (£80/85k) v Model 3 (£38/45k etc) comes from - yes, it's a bigger car but overall it doesn't feel twice the price. Love the acceleration mind you, damn quick!

nam

nam

Soldato
for reference

P11d on AWD: ~£50,000
BIK: 16%
Higher tax: 40%

Bik tax = 50,000 × 0.16 × 0.4 = £3,200 (£266pm)

It'll then go to:

2020: 0% (£0pm)
2021: 1% (£16pm)
2022: 2% (£32pm)

Soldato
Lmao
for reference

It'll then go to:

2022: 2% (£32pm)[/QUO
for reference

It'll then go to:

2022: 2% (£32pm)
It’s ridiculously cheap
Anyone who owns a business will be able to take great advantage of this

Soldato
Yep, considering getting a Model 3 performance on lease next fnancial year through my Ltd Co and chop in my E43 as I can claim 50% of the VAT and all of the cost towards Corp tax as well as benefit from the reduction in BIK

Back
Top Bottom