Advice on travel coventry to london westfield shopping centre

Soldato
Going from coventry to westfield shopping centre in london the one where there is a kidszani so not the stratford one.
Planning to go via m40 by car. Anyone know if i will be travelling into a congestion zone area to get to the mall?
Any tips etc too would be helpful.

Soldato
thanks for the reply. i cringe when going to inner london areas, coming from coventry london is just too hectic to drive around.

Hammersmith isnt really that bad, yeah the roads near westfield are busy but coming in from the M40 it will be a doddle.

Soldato
I gonna be here till 5.30 at least.
Parking info: https://uk.westfield.com/london/centre-info/smart-parking

Kidszania is a bit of a rip off. You get a 4 hour slot but half of that time is gone in waiting in the queues.

As per the advice above looks like i will stick around here and have food etc and try and leave as late as possible. 7ish seems on the cards

Yeah, don't leave before seven. After that you'll be okay, and it will get better as you get past junction 1 on the M40 (where it connects to the M25). After that, short of any breakdowns or accidents, it should be plain sailing.

Associate
Parking is not cheap inside Westfield ....but if you’re happy to walk 8-10 mins ...there are some roads which are permit free.

Download the Westfield app and sign up for smart parking. It’s then £6.50 for 14 hours of parking. Hardly expensive.

Edit
£7.50 for 14 hours on Saturday and Sunday

Associate
I gonna be here till 5.30 at least.
Parking info: https://uk.westfield.com/london/centre-info/smart-parking

Kidszania is a bit of a rip off. You get a 4 hour slot but half of that time is gone in waiting in the queues.

As per the advice above looks like i will stick around here and have food etc and try and leave as late as possible. 7ish seems on the cards

There’s quite a bit of roadworks going on at the moment as you leave Westfield and join the A40. It’s reducing the A40 from 3 to 2 lanes.

Commissario
For future reference, Bluewater and Lakeside have free parking.
I don’t know how the Westfield you went to compares with them or the Westfield at Stratford but I quite enjoy going to the first two but really don’t like Westfield Stratford.

Soldato
OP
I got my online parking receipt:

Westfield Smart Parking
Service Receipt
spacer.gif

Hi Mav,

Thanks for visiting Westfield London! Here's your Smart Parking receipt for your recent visit.
spacer.gif

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

Vehicle: XXXXXXX
Enter: 29/10/2019 at 12:24 pm GMT
Exit: 29/10/2019 at 08:27 pm GMT
spacer.gif

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

Ticket Reference Number: 33XXXXX
Payment Method: VISA ending in XXXX
Subtotal: £5.42
VAT: £1.08
spacer.gif

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

Payment Total: £6.50
spacer.gif

See You Soon!

Not too bad but fres parking is the best. Found a lego shop there which was lucky since i needed a few bits so saved the online delivery charge.

Soldato
For future reference, Bluewater and Lakeside have free parking.
I don’t know how the Westfield you went to compares with them or the Westfield at Stratford but I quite enjoy going to the first two but really don’t like Westfield Stratford.

Westfield London beats the Stratford one hands down for shopping and food. Far less stabby as well.

Back
Top Bottom