The Outer Worlds (Obsidian)

Soldato
What does the little symbol mean next to the condition on these weapons all? I have this on some pieces of armour also, but it doesn't say anywhere what this means. They are both 100% condition so I'm confused.

Click for original size
36sWDOAh.png.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
What does the little symbol mean next to the condition on these weapons all? I have this on some pieces of armour also, but it doesn't say anywhere what this means. They are both 100% condition so I'm confused.

Apologies for the image size, I've just started using Imgur and cant see how to post the smaller size image.

https://i.imgur.com/fJmcErZ.png

https://www.gamepur.com/guide/44301-what-does-diamond-symbol-mean-outer-worlds.html

Items, either weapons or armor, that have this small diamond symbol beside the durability, are considered to be Pristine. These items are handy, as they will lose durability at a slower rate than other weapons and armor.

Wish I'd looked at that earlier. Sold off a load of guns and several of them had the diamond.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
It just occurred to me. I found all the science weapons but never really used them as I had my other guys much more powerful due to putting in tens of thousands of bits into them to tinker and upgrade them. They really do need to look at how Fallout 3 did it and improve on that for their next game.

Here is another image I took yesterday :)

1.jpg

Associate
Looking at the screenies I'm reminded that I haven't yet used the Z X C or V commands. I assume they're the keys for the companions? I just let them do their thing. I hardly ever use the Q Time Dilation effect either but then I hardly used VATS in Fallout. I prefer it all dynamic.

Soldato
Most the since weapons are really quirky for sake of it, and some seem to have an easter egg back story. Given they level off the Science Weapon perks usually your other guns will out damage them. To be honest, by the time I use the shrink gun for a large enemy to shrink, can kill them off with normal weapons. Even some of the orange weapons need a looking at. Found you did not even need to bother upgrading most as they were simply base weapons with weapon mods attached. Can just buy the weapons at a higher level from the store and add on your own attachments, In fact apply more applicable ones. All became moot though, invest in the leadership tree and companion damage seems to scale absurdly. Just gave two companions heavy machine guns with Plasma and Nray damage and I rarely even realised I was in combat before everything was mowed down :D One spot they could have a look at.

Looking at the screenies I'm reminded that I haven't yet used the Z X C or V commands. I assume they're the keys for the companions? I just let them do their thing. I hardly ever use the Q Time Dilation effect either but then I hardly used VATS in Fallout. I prefer it all dynamic.

Yeah, Z is move companion to location, X is to get companion to attack a specific NPC. C and V are to order your companions to use their special moves. Latter can be useful at times in early part of game.

Soldato
I'm a couple of hours in now and I've mostly completed the first two zones, while I'm enjoying the game for the most part it is far too easy. I'm not the sort of guy who thinks every game should be Dark Souls or anything, in fact I'm not all that keen on those games, but TOW desperately needs more difficulty options. Granted I'm playing on Hard, but given the ridiculous decision to have perma-death for your companions on the hardest difficulty I'm not liable to use it. It'd be nice if there was a mod or something to get rid of that, although even then the game could do with another difficulty level.

I don't even have any points put into combat skills, my strength is as low as it can possibly be and I still find it easy to melee enemies to death when I feel like it. Pretty much all of my leveling points have been put into the science and dialogue related areas.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I'm a couple of hours in now and I've mostly completed the first two zones, while I'm enjoying the game for the most part it is far too easy. I'm not the sort of guy who thinks every game should be Dark Souls or anything, in fact I'm not all that keen on those games, but TOW desperately needs more difficulty options. Granted I'm playing on Hard, but given the ridiculous decision to have perma-death for your companions on the hardest difficulty I'm not liable to use it. It'd be nice if there was a mod or something to get rid of that, although even then the game could do with another difficulty level.

I don't even have any points put into combat skills, my strength is as low as it can possibly be and I still find it easy to melee enemies to death when I feel like it. Pretty much all of my leveling points have been put into the science and dialogue related areas.
Yeah it really is easy. I played it on Normal, looking back I should have played it on hard. Only the last boss I found hard in the whole game until I figured out his weakness and then that was easy too. Lol.

Will be buying it on Steam in a couple years time once all dlc etc is out and it’s about £10-15 to play again before the sequel comes out assuming there will be one). At that point I will play solo on supernova difficulty :D

Soldato
Not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but there is an issue with the latest AMD GPU drivers, that results in graphical anomalies. I noticed the other day that my character appears dark / shadowed in the inventory screen, and crew mates appear the same when selecting them prior to departing the ship. Not a major problem, but annoying nevertheless.

Caporegime
It took me days to realise you could use the shoulder (or is it bumper) buttons on the Xbox controller to toggle between the armour mods.

I wondered why I was picking up all these mods and could only ever use the 'Toughened' plate strengthening one when modifying them at a workbench.

Same for weapons.

Soldato
Not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but there is an issue with the latest AMD GPU drivers, that results in graphical anomalies. I noticed the other day that my character appears dark / shadowed in the inventory screen, and crew mates appear the same when selecting them prior to departing the ship. Not a major problem, but annoying nevertheless.

Thanks for the heads up, I've not updated to the latest driver yet so will hold off on that.

Back
Top Bottom