Ford Mondeo - Car Losing Revs (Power)

Soldato
Never seen a clutch slip erratically like that, never mind while at a steady cruising speed. I've never seen or heard of anything other than the revs flaring up under heavy load.

Soldato
Had this exact same issue with my mother-in-laws Mondeo. Turned out it only needed the fuel filter changing!

A blocked fuel filter cannot possibly cause engine RPM to change without an impact on road speed on a car with manual transmission. Engine RPM and wheel speed are mechanically linked unless the clutch is slipping.

Associate
If you are saying that the the RPM drop is causing the cruise control to kick out, then this could be caused by the brake pedal switch or switch behind the clutch, as both cause the cruise control to disable. Or are you accidentally touching the brake pedal if shoes are wide or something? Or as others said it could be the clutch slipping, but that is extreme if so and being DMf you would heard noises probably.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for help everyone, it was a 'barely making it' clutch and fly wheel, the garage showed me it and WOW! I am surprised I managed to drive on it.

Had it replaced and the car feels like new!

Back
Top Bottom