Steam Library Beta Coming Sept 17

Man of Honour
Found another issue actually - after awhile (few hours) I can no longer right click on anything i.e. a game in the left hand library list to get to "Properties...", etc. and certain things become very slow responding until I restart Steam.

Soldato
I love the new library, finally you can filter or sort your games with things like metascore, time played, size, release date, etc...

I hope to get many more filters and sorting options asap :D.

steam2.png

Much more efficient use of space on 4k than the old UI, which basically wasted a lot of screen estate.

Usually I loathe new UI's, eg. Spotify was only a huge step back, and they re-instated features that hey removed over the years.
But the new Steam library adds many new options that were previously not there, the more features the better imho :).

Associate
The inability to quickly seperate owned games from family shared stuff is baffling, it was there in the old library. Wouldn't mind a quick tutorial as there are quite a few options and not all of it is particularly intuitive. Other than that, I quite like it.

Soldato
Yeeeah I hate this new layout. I used to have a list of just names, sorted based on installed and then not installed. Now it looks like a social media feed or some crap! I'm going to have to search through some options I think.

edit - Low bandwidth, low performance mode, with small icons has improved it quite a lot now. I removes the different "shelves" and just have games, sorted by size on disk which thankfully puts the installed games at the top and everything else below.

Associate
Yeeeah I hate this new layout. I used to have a list of just names, sorted based on installed and then not installed. Now it looks like a social media feed or some crap! I'm going to have to search through some options I think.

edit - Low bandwidth, low performance mode, with small icons has improved it quite a lot now. I removes the different "shelves" and just have games, sorted by size on disk which thankfully puts the installed games at the top and everything else below.

You can show only installed games by making a collection then dragging your installed games over. Hope that helps.

Soldato
I'm moaned at steam help and moved my steam window to the far right of the screen, so only the list is visible. It's far to gawdy and colourful for my taste

Soldato
I'm a big fan. I like that it groups all the community and social stuff into the game page. Saves a lot of page loads. I also like the dynamic collections a lot.

Generally speaking, I like it.

Soldato
How do I get back to the being able to right click...then select "play in VR"? <<That's what I did with the old system.
Now I left click...Then move the mouse to the box on the right....then click "Play"...then another list pops up where I can select "play in VR".

-Doesn't seem like progress.

Back
Top Bottom