The Tesla Thread

Soldato
yeah - bought through my Ltd company - 100% write off this year (30 sept year end) - interest free loan to buy it as well. No brainer. pay 6 months or so of higher BIK but worth it

Soldato
You should be able to, we changed our order and they were able to do a new BH quote. If you can, suggest going into a store and getting email address for member of staff there, chap in Cambridge was invaluable in sorting out finance problems when Customer Support phone system was hanging up on us after 20 minutes on hold.

Soldato
You should be able to, we changed our order and they were able to do a new BH quote. If you can, suggest going into a store and getting email address for member of staff there, chap in Cambridge was invaluable in sorting out finance problems when Customer Support phone system was hanging up on us after 20 minutes on hold.

Nice one, thanks. I know a member of staff at the West Drayton branch very well so I could always rely on him to help sort out any issues.

Soldato
Ours went in yesterday for a litany of build quality issues, handover was very good and staff seemed intent on finding everything.

Just had a text that the bonnet will need a complete respray, this is the bonnet that the handover staff insisted had no problems. My concern now is that I've been told previously that they will only respray the bonnet and do not have approval to blend in the paint which means they cannot guarantee a perfect colour match. Will have to see that it's like when it comes back as I'll accept nothing, other than a perfect colour match on what is in effect a new car.

Soldato
Ours went in yesterday for a litany of build quality issues, handover was very good and staff seemed intent on finding everything.

Just had a text that the bonnet will need a complete respray, this is the bonnet that the handover staff insisted had no problems. My concern now is that I've been told previously that they will only respray the bonnet and do not have approval to blend in the paint which means they cannot guarantee a perfect colour match. Will have to see that it's like when it comes back as I'll accept nothing, other than a perfect colour match on what is in effect a new car.

Fingers crossed for you. I agree that having a panel (especially one as large as a bonnet) not matching perfectly in colour would be unacceptable.

daz

daz

Soldato
Really tempted to get a Tesla next year. Will almost certainly be sticking it through the limited company.

One question, how do you all find the boot and read space? Is a model 3 big enough for a family?

Soldato
Really tempted to get a Tesla next year. Will almost certainly be sticking it through the limited company.

One question, how do you all find the boot and read space? Is a model 3 big enough for a family?

Huge boot, plenty of room for family - 12 year old is already 5ft4 and daughter is 8 years old - tons of room in the back. Much bigger than you expect....

Can't complain - also with the glass roof car feels very spacious

So much room that my wife has moved from a Sportage to a Mini!!! She was always the one with the "bigger" car - now that's me!

Caporegime
Huge boot, plenty of room for family - 12 year old is already 5ft4 and daughter is 8 years old - tons of room in the back. Much bigger than you expect....

Can't complain - also with the glass roof car feels very spacious

So much room that my wife has moved from a Sportage to a Mini!!! She was always the one with the "bigger" car - now that's me!

Isn't a Sportage the same size as a mini anyway. Just on stilts.

Soldato
Just updating - Car is still with Edinburgh SC after 12 days. They had the main part required for the job but then some other little parts needed shipped from abroad so it's taken longer than expected.

They are hopeful that it will be completed by wednesday/thursday.

I know some people get worked up about taking this long but it's no great bother - I'd rather it was completed and fixed correctly and the Loaner Model S is hardly a struggle to deal with.

Soldato
Just updating - Car is still with Edinburgh SC after 12 days. They had the main part required for the job but then some other little parts needed shipped from abroad so it's taken longer than expected.

They are hopeful that it will be completed by wednesday/thursday.

I know some people get worked up about taking this long but it's no great bother - I'd rather it was completed and fixed correctly and the Loaner Model S is hardly a struggle to deal with.

As long as they're sorting it properly i agree, with a new brand like Tesla parts availability will be more of an issue but it's not like they've given you a 10 year old VW polo as a loan car so it's hardly an issue.

Soldato

Must be dreadful, having to have a great car on loan. :p

It's always a pain when things go wrong, but not really much of one when they look after you properly with a replacement/loaner.

Soldato
My lease company has been useless so I called Tesla directly this morning.
Car is due to arrive in Leeds by the end of next week so should expect a call soon to pickup.

Shame it's three hours away and Birmingham is fifteen minutes but if I ask to redirect now it might cause delays...
It'll give me a good journey home to get acquainted with the car though!

Ordered 8th August SR Plus.

Back
Top Bottom