Detectorists

Associate
Anyone else watch it last night?... I'm not sure if its up to the standard of the previous series (it certainly doesn't mess with the formula) but its remains a delight, and I look forward to next weeks episode.

Man of Honour
Also greatly enjoying this, there is something so relaxing about it. Makes me feel warm. Its a real shame that this is the final season, especially when there is so much dross out there which goes on and on for season after season.

Soldato
Never seen the first series but enjoying the second so far on iPlayer, mostly because it's reminding me what summer can be like! Maybe I need to move down south.

Associate
I just discovered this on iPlayer recently. Just finished the whole thing. Absolutely incredible. I've never been so utterly captivated by a TV show.

Such humour, sorrow, hope. Truly a beautiful, bittersweet triumph of a story. It deserves to be more famous than it is.

Associate
OP
I just discovered this on iPlayer recently. Just finished the whole thing. Absolutely incredible. I've never been so utterly captivated by a TV show.

Such humour, sorrow, hope. Truly a beautiful, bittersweet triumph of a story. It deserves to be more famous than it is.

Glad you enjoyed it, this is still my go-to if I'm having a bad day in work!

Associate
Glad you enjoyed it, this is still my go-to if I'm having a bad day in work!

My fiancee's (extended) family gather every year on numerous occaisions, mainly Xmas. I can't wait to show them all this. I can already picture trying to convince them to watch a show about metal detecting, and then listen to the absolute silence.

Also, the song...I've been singing it out loud at work for the past week. I must look even more mental than normal.

Man of Honour

I agree, there are two shows, which both had a few seasons to complete their overall stories and then ended, which deserve to be so much more well known and regarded than they are. The Detectorists is one and Red Oaks (amazom prime) is another. Both are superb feel good shows

Soldato
Hello there!

Watched all 3 seasons of this during the summer. It was superb, the countryside looked amazing and the acting was great. I was gutted it was over, shouldn't have binged it so quickly.

Soldato
The Detectorists is one and Red Oaks (amazom prime) is another. Both are superb feel good shows

If you haven't seen Dag, in the same mold, it has a similarly unusual basis .. guys a marriage counsellor, having problems with his own relationships, plus sounding board of best friend, sentimental, the comedy/writings great.

Dag
Now TV, 40 episodes (4 series)

Dag follows a marriage counsellor uninterested in the value of marriage. Dag (Atle Antonson) spends time only with his friend Benedict, though things change when his sister, Marianne, forces him to go on a blind-date with her old childhood friend. Strong performances meant the series met with critical acclaim in Norway and the UK, and rights have also been sold to Sweden and Finland.

Associate
This was one of my favourite shows of the past few years, great to see it getting some love! An exemplar in how to create a show that depicts real relatable characters, with a healthy dose of comedy and melancholy in equal measure.

Ah yeah sorry I should have said area. The tea shop is in woodbridge i think (you know where Lance was spying on Toby with his daughter)

Actually its not its framligham as well. So my bad.
Better guide here
https://www.edp24.co.uk/going-out/s...4-mackenzie-crook-toby-jones-sitcom-1-5519235

I used to go to both fairly regularly (woodbridge and framlingham) but not for some years so they kind of blur into one in my mind

Very typical suffolk though so plenty of locations like them all around

Back
Top Bottom