Water pooling under trampoline

Associate
So we've had a inground trampoline installed in our garden. I thought I had dealt with any issues with water pooling in the massive hole created to go under the trampoline but seems that all this proper rain we are having is meaning the clay soil is retaining more then I thought (I put sharp sand at the bottom as well and some rubber chipping we had spare to try and help drainage) . I need to work out a pump solution to get the water that's building up under there. It's probably only about 15cm deep most of the time and does drain eventually as doesn't get much more then that, just currently with the down pours it's getting a bit higher. Can I get a non submersible self priming pump and just have a hose under there that I connect up occasionally?

Due to the way its been built and fitted, its a bit of a nightmare to get under there. Not impossible but not the ideal first solution (which the, would be to install a submersible pump and just turn it on occasionally). Cheers for the ideas! (and yes, I now know I should have built a small soakaway dead centre even deeper then the hole but hey ho, it was draining perfectly before the trampoline went on!)

Associate
You could get a bilge pump, they run off 12v, are submersible and move a fair amount of water, or the sort of pump you mention.
Personally, I wouldn't leave it out all year round, especially with winter around the corner, and there may be more risk of it becoming blocked up with crap if you leave it in there.

Associate
OP
Yeah that's why I was looking for a solution that would allow a hose to be under there and then connect up to some sort of pump that's at ground level occasionally when I need to pump it out.

Back
Top Bottom