How many people own two or more phones?

Soldato
Just a general census to see how many of you good people own multiple phones.
To caveat this I don't mean those who have a phone for work and a personal one or say app developers who have an Android and an iPhone for two different workstreams.
I'm curious how many just have more than one phone that they like to cycle through. Maybe you're a tech enthusiast or you have features you prefer on one over another (and vice versa) and like to have the best of both worlds.

Soldato
Just the one here. Until my new phone turns up tomorrow that is, then my current phone will be wiped and used for nothing more than a GPS/cycle computer and to play music via the Bluetooth stereo.

Soldato
I would like a one-handed device for when I’m out and about and also a larger phone for when it’s appropriate. Unfortunately I can’t justify running two phones for such a luxury purpose.

Soldato
I usually have 4 lying around, the main one being an android device I use on a regular basis. Two Nokia phones ( 808,1020) I use now and again for the cameras and one for keeping up with Sailfish OS ( Xperia X at the moment ).

A work phone and one personal during a normal day, very rarely do I have two personal phones with me at the same time though. A decade ago my work had us using two phones one Blackberry for data/bespoke software and a nokia simply for voice calls. Juggling three phones was pain but I must admit I miss the old Blackberry curves.

Associate
2 here. Daily driver Pixel 2 XL, and my ‘AndroidPod’, an HTC One M8 with Lineage OS, which I use purely as a music phone for bed. I could have a work phone too (iPhone 11) but I don’t particularly want most people at work to know my mobile, and I CBA to carry 2 phones around.

Man of Honour
I usually have 3 - when I buy a new main phone I keep the old one functioning as a backup and like to have another cheapy one that is "disposable" that I can leave in my car/truck, etc. and so on and not worry about it.

Soldato
OP
Unfortunately I can’t justify running two phones for such a luxury purpose.
This would be my immediate thought. Affording is one thing but justifying is another.

I usually have 3 - when I buy a new main phone I keep the old one functioning as a backup...
This is where I currently am. I just picked up a 7t Pro which I'm loving but I'm moving from a S10e which is hardly old tech and I love that wee phone as well. I'm currently thinking I may just keep it as a back up or say for nights out as it's probably worth at best around £300 in its current state, even with all the cases and accessories I've amassed for it. Samsungs do appreciate so fast however I could probably sell it after Christmas for not much less than it is now.

Associate
And soon, inevitably a Pixel 4 eh? :D

:D that really depends on the price of the Pixel 4 in about 4 weeks time ;)

This would be my immediate thought. Affording is one thing but justifying is another.

Which is why I eventually decided against splurging on an iPhone Pro Max when my mate was showing his off. For a while I really wanted one, before I decided nearly 1500 quid on a phone was utterly nuts!

Associate
My LG V20 is my daily driver, but I've recently taken to using my old HTC One M8 again for watching videos when I'm at home because of the front facing speakers.

Associate
I have a backup phone, not sure if that counts. Old Axon 7 Mini, I haven't used it much but friends and family have.

If you need two active phones then get a dual sim device.

Last edited:
Soldato
Probably s little different to most, I think I have maybe 6 at the moment, but really only one of them gets used, aside when I'm reviewing and then I will sometimes have review and daily phones on me.

I have recently thought about using two, day too day now I've gone back to a small form factor phone as my main. I have a second SIM already, but I really need a way a second phone can share the number and data from my main SIM. Is there any way this can be done on EE?

Associate
I did up to recently own 4 phones but with my stupidity it went down to 3. But I only really use 2 phones and the third is a back up spare which is the S8+. THe two phones I use daily are the N10+ and Iphone 11 pro max. I get up and let fate decide if it is ios or android day (i.e the first phone I pickup in my half asleep state decides it) I usually have wallet cases on them and I have stuck both with my tesco card and both with my bank cards.

I like using both and it doesn't bother me which is better or worse although I must add if I fancy some Asphalt 9 legends then it runs better on the iphone and if it COD mobile then it runs better on the N10+ that's the true dilemma.

Back
Top Bottom