Do I need to regrout shower area?

Soldato
Just wondering If theres a "best" product out there to remove black spots (I guess mould) from sealant in our shower area? The base area is showing a fair bit of this.

Or is it a case of removing the grout and re-doing it all?

Thanks in advance

Soldato
I can vouch for that (I use the foam spray). I spray it at the top, my tiles go from ceiling to floor. Let it all slowly trickle down from the top. Come back an hour later and all the moulds gone, it's really good stuff.

Soldato
There is a Cillit Bang (and the dirt is gone...) branded "mould and mildew" remover that works really well too, available in all supermarkets. I just spray it onto a sponge and spread it over the grout and leave for a day then wash off.

I tend to buy it when it's on offer (£5 for 3 of the C-B ones in Costco), horrible stuff to use and is effectively spray bleach, so don't let it near non-bleach safe things (like your clothes...). Also don't let it near non chrome finishes, it oxidises Aluminium for example, seems to be OK on most bathroom surfaces though.

Don't know if the HG stuff works better but I've always just used the C-B stuff as its readily available.

Caporegime
Just wondering If theres a "best" product out there to remove black spots (I guess mould) from sealant in our shower area? The base area is showing a fair bit of this.

Or is it a case of removing the grout and re-doing it all?

Thanks in advance

Get a baby wipe. Dunk into a bucket of 100% bleach. Slap it onto the grout. Repeat all over.

Alternatively just spray bleach onto the grout every hour for 4-6 hours straight.

Bleach costs 45p or 90p for 2 litres in Aldi. The spray mentioned by people in here is basically bleach with a foaming agent to help it cling and to stop it running off. You can just keep spraying it every hour or use a baby wipe to keep it stay in place.

Back
Top Bottom