*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
Operation get a Switch for the wife and I may be brought forward because of Black Friday. Any one know anything beyond the vague info on rumour sites concerning a Switch Pro?

I wonder if it's worth waiting (we won't bother if it comes out e.g. end of next year)....

Any rumour about the Switch Pro was squashed when they announced the Switch Lite and Switch revision 2 with better battery.

Associate
My previous comment.
30-40 hour game Astral Chain, I really enjoyed it as I am a fan of the type of gameplay(DMC, Bayonetta). Certainly worth waiting if it will drop in price, the story is pretty straight forwarded but entertaining.
Yeah I have it in my next buy list and almost bought it but read a few people didn't like it and was worried. If it was a ps4 game i would wait till it drops in price but knowing my luck and switch games it is not going to drop much so better to see if i can get a good deal somewhere.

I was looking to buy Octopath traveler a year after release and couldn't find it anywhere, and if anyshop had it it was more than RRP! Lucky for me a friend of mine bought it for me as a present. Quite nice gameplay btw but not for everyone

Soldato
Looking at picking up a switch for the new Pokemon S&S.

Do you think it's worth going for a Switch with improved battery over a lite. I'm in two minds as I'm not sure how much i'd use the TV as i'm used to playing Pokemon games on DS/3DS. Is it worth it for the joycons alone?

Hopefully gonna get a black friday deal, hoping the switch may come down to £220ish like the Very £50 back deal.

Soldato
I would go with the new model over the Lite because you would always have that TV option and detachable Joy-Cons are great for games with motion control. Either way both will give you access to some amazing titles.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I play it a fair bit on the TV when I can as its simply a more comfortable experience especially when using the pro controller. Some people hardly ever use it on the TV but I am glad I have that functionality. I have also used it to play 4 player mariokart on holiday just using the joycons (2 sets) and it was nice to have the slightly larger screen and joycons.

Associate
Yeah I have it in my next buy list and almost bought it but read a few people didn't like it and was worried. If it was a ps4 game i would wait till it drops in price but knowing my luck and switch games it is not going to drop much so better to see if i can get a good deal somewhere.

I was looking to buy Octopath traveler a year after release and couldn't find it anywhere, and if anyshop had it it was more than RRP! Lucky for me a friend of mine bought it for me as a present. Quite nice gameplay btw but not for everyone

I would only recommend Astral Chain as I said if you're fan of Devil may cry, Bayonetta and even Nier Automata gameplay, that fast pace action with lot of combo chain mechanic isn't for everyone but if you like that style then you will have fun time.

Do you think it's worth going for a Switch with improved battery over a lite. I'm in two minds as I'm not sure how much i'd use the TV as i'm used to playing Pokemon games on DS/3DS. Is it worth it for the joycons alone?

Hopefully gonna get a black friday deal, hoping the switch may come down to £220ish like the Very £50 back deal.
If you're interested in playing games with friends on TV on the sofa then definitely worth getting the full Switch as it gives you flexibility, you can still connect joy-cons and other wireless controllers on the lite but you can only play the lite on its tiny screen. You will need to get yourself a little stand for it if you do play it that way.
I used my dock to play a bit of BOTW, Mario Kart when I have friends over and Astral Chain. Majority of times i'm playing in portable mode as I mainly use it when i'm away from home which is twice a week.

Soldato
Cheers guys! I thought I was pretty set on the normal switch, but just fancied a bit of confirmation.

Never really been into Zelda, but would like to give BOTW a go. I'll just hope there's some decent BF discounts.

Associate

As others have said the ability to be able to plug it on the tv and play and then take it off and continue on its own screen is priceless. I had bought a vita game and then a ps3 game in order to crossplay and play on the go and then on the tv.

Also the joycons is another advantage, even with one pair, techically you can play 2 player as each can be a controller.

Associate
I would only recommend Astral Chain as I said if you're fan of Devil may cry, Bayonetta and even Nier Automata gameplay, that fast pace action with lot of combo chain mechanic isn't for everyone but if you like that style then you will have fun time.
Definitelly i like those types of games, i still need to get Nier as well :p. Ill be looking to get Astral Chain at some point

Back
Top Bottom