Lifetime ban for British Fortnite cheat

Soldato
Makes me wonder is he upset because he's been banned from his favourite game.

Or.

Is he upset that his gravy train has come to a screeching stop, £6.2m from playing fortnite, the world has gone mad!

Associate
I'm all for banning cheaters but what actually happened here. If it was a case of making a one off video and stating at the time he was cheating for his audience to watch then a lifetime ban seems a bit harsh. Surely people in the know can watch some of his previous videos and tell from those if this was the case or not?

Man of Honour
Unless he has some mad Patreon action going on or serious sponsorship from other angles I'm not sure I buy the ~6m - people with over 4x as many subscribers/followers only just about make that over the same amount of time. Still even with a few million if he hasn't managed to set himself up pretty comfortable for life, even if the source dries up now, he is doing it wrong.

Man of Honour
He's made several million pounds playing this game, he's 17 years old. I doubt he'll be planning on a 9-5 job any time soon.

I dunno - wouldn't be surprised if he has spanked it all already and will be a regular feature at an Asda checkout in the future.

Soldato
I can see where the developer is coming from here. The lad has apparently millions of subscribers on YouTube and doing anything that could be seen to be promoting or encouraging the use of aimbots to such a large audience probably isn't the wisest thing to do.

Associate
He's made several million pounds playing this game, he's 17 years old. I doubt he'll be planning on a 9-5 job any time soon.
I doubt all the monies was given to him up front. Sponsors....breach of contract etc..... Or maybe he is minted , who knows. We shall find out in his next episode.

Soldato
Lol the YouTube comments section is a car crash, most of them are 'omg unban, it's his job to play' and when anyone responds saying it's fair they just reply 'ok boomer'. As predicted, full of 5 year olds

Soldato
Remember when cheat codes were built into games and provided that extra bit of "fun" for the player...

also, a "lifetime" ban is laughable and impossible to enforce...

what a world we live in.

Man of Honour
Remember when cheat codes were built into games and provided that extra bit of "fun" for the player...

also, a "lifetime" ban is laughable and impossible to enforce...

what a world we live in.

Huge difference between offline/singleplayer cheats/trainers and using one online.

I can see where the developer is coming from here. The lad has apparently millions of subscribers on YouTube and doing anything that could be seen to be promoting or encouraging the use of aimbots to such a large audience probably isn't the wisest thing to do.

Very poor decision on his part to do some kind of cheat demo as claimed without having gone through the developer/publisher first - with hardware bans, etc. these days even using disposable account for demonstration purposes is dubious.

Seems to be conflicting information out there as to how much he was actually cheating versus the claim he was just doing it for a single video demonstration.

Back
Top Bottom