Veeam Cloud Connect - which provider?

Soldato
We do VCC and charge more than that.

It's very easy for providers to set up - all you need is a couple of Windows servers with some storage, so I'd ask what hardware their using and where it's located. Ideally you want a provider who will replicate to a second location.

We've had good results testing with the Azure storage feature in Veeam for our internal stuff, so I'd compare that with CC.

Have a think about long it would take to download your data again should you need it. We've got some customers using it as their primary DR strategy and it's not really suited for that IMO.

Associate
We've had good results testing with the Azure storage feature in Veeam for our internal stuff, so I'd compare that with CC.

Have a think about long it would take to download your data again should you need it. We've got some customers using it as their primary DR strategy and it's not really suited for that IMO.

Capacity tier on SOBR only works on sealed backup chains, so it would depend how quickly you want your data off-site/job rotation. VCC also allows direct backup to the cloud provider, where as capacity tier doesn't (as of 9.5U4).

If your looking for a VCC partner have a look on https://www.veeam.com/find-a-veeam-cloud-provider.html

Full Disclosure: Yes, I do work for one of them.

Back
Top Bottom