World of Warcraft: Classic

Caporegime
What's all this AOE dungeon rubbish? I've been in a few groups now, as a tank, where I'm told to pull a room to around a corner and then the mages will AOE the mobs down. Except it's always a mess, I die a lot, they then kill everything so I get no XP, walk in, rinse and repeat. People are trying shortcuts and it just ends up taking longer. What a load of toss.

Soldato
OP
What's all this AOE dungeon rubbish? I've been in a few groups now, as a tank, where I'm told to pull a room to around a corner and then the mages will AOE the mobs down. Except it's always a mess, I die a lot, they then kill everything so I get no XP, walk in, rinse and repeat. People are trying shortcuts and it just ends up taking longer. What a load of toss.

As a tank, I'd expect you to be able to get groups very quickly and easily. So I'd just call it out not to do it, if they do. Leave and get another group. No point wasting time.

Permabanned

You let them use you, As a Tank you should be forming the group, Dictating to them and if you die a lot to AOE call out and never do it again. Maybe this is why they use voidwalker?

I know as a lower lvl healer, Finding a tank is tough there is no way we could use him like that, They are top of the chain it goes like Tanks>Healers>DPS in order of importance. Hecc you could probably even reserve orbs as a tank and get away with it lol.

Associate

Easy exp for the "streamers" who wanted to "re-live" classic why and all the good things about questing and.... oh what? we can just AOE spam SM / ZF to level? lets do that!

Don
Easy exp for the "streamers" who wanted to "re-live" classic why and all the good things about questing and.... oh what? we can just AOE spam SM / ZF to level? lets do that!
Hehe, yeah I don't like how some players have basically industrialised the game to maximise xp and basically bypass the playing the game itself.

Caporegime
Hehe, yeah I don't like how some players have basically industrialised the game to maximise xp and basically bypass the playing the game itself.

Agreed, I don't get the point of it. Yes the game gets very repetitive and grindy but they've always known that. Odd.

On my 35 priest in STV, trying to kill the medicine men when I see this rogue in stealth approaching. He's 3 levels below me. All the frustration of constantly getting ganked for zero reason on my warrior was unleashed on him. Think I got him 4 times. I also healed anyone else he was trying it on with, he certainly got his arse handed to him this time.

Soldato
Forgot how long it actually takes to get raiding gear due to the raid size and RNG element of drops. Not sure if I'll stick with this long term. I have 2 levels 60s now but finding that I don't have much left to do apart from gold grind outside of raiding.

Associate
Forgot how long it actually takes to get raiding gear due to the raid size and RNG element of drops.

Don't forget the added complexity of "do the other raid members have this already?" so even if something does drop, what are the chances of you winning it against the 3+ others who may also need it.
All I've got to show from 4 MC's so far is a pair of wrists, which are BoE anyway so not exactly an achievement.

Caporegime
Well I'm rerolling on a PVE server, screw getting constantly ganked. I made it to 33 on my warrior and 36 on my priest. Our server (Flamelash) is 70% Horde last time I checked and it seems that people seem to just enjoy griefing for no gain whatsoever. At Nesingwary's camp in STV I would go to hand a quest in only for two rogues and a druid, all of them level ?? to pop out of stealth and kill me in less than two seconds. I just cba with it anymore.

I even hopped over to my warrior in SW to see if I could rope in a few to help us (we were already 7 in a raid group) and the attitude was literally "there's more of them than us".

My time is already limited, I have no intention of wasting any more of it on these pussy arse cretins who seem to just enjoy griefing for lols.

Soldato
Well I'm rerolling on a PVE server, screw getting constantly ganked. I made it to 33 on my warrior and 36 on my priest. Our server (Flamelash) is 70% Horde last time I checked and it seems that people seem to just enjoy griefing for no gain whatsoever. At Nesingwary's camp in STV I would go to hand a quest in only for two rogues and a druid, all of them level ?? to pop out of stealth and kill me in less than two seconds. I just cba with it anymore.

I even hopped over to my warrior in SW to see if I could rope in a few to help us (we were already 7 in a raid group) and the attitude was literally "there's more of them than us".

My time is already limited, I have no intention of wasting any more of it on these pussy arse cretins who seem to just enjoy griefing for lols.

Focus on 1 character at a time, and avoid STV where possible until you out level it. STV is the worst because horde have the easiest access to the zone with a camp mid way as well as booty bay. You can focus on SM runs, Hillsbrad, desolace etc before needing to head back in to STV at around 37-38 where you stand a better chance.

Maybe check out https://allyroute.com/ and see if that helps your options.

Caporegime
Focus on 1 character at a time, and avoid STV where possible until you out level it. STV is the worst because horde have the easiest access to the zone with a camp mid way as well as booty bay. You can focus on SM runs, Hillsbrad, desolace etc before needing to head back in to STV at around 37-38 where you stand a better chance.

Maybe check out https://allyroute.com/ and see if that helps your options.

Never heard of that site, thanks! To be honest there are about 5 of us, and we're all just fed up. It's not even the ability to avoid it, it's the fact that this mentality exists in the first place. I deal with enough bell ends in real life, I don't need that during my relaxing time. We're all mid-late 30s, married, full time jobs, and apart from me, all have kids, we're in no position to spend hours avoiding getting ganked to some little ***** whose idea of fun is to rip apart someone who is 20 levels lower than him constantly and repeatedly, only to run away when I group up and bring the fight to them. I've never ganked anyone which does make me wonder why I'm on a PVP server in the first place but whatever.

We'll pick another server tonight and see what happens. Shouldda done it ages ago really, but then I'm a bit dense at the best of times. :D

Soldato
Thing is I never suffered hours lost to ganking. I got ganked regularly on my warrior as 1v1 its one of the weakest classes so free kill to hordes. I just move along to a different area, hit up a different quest, generally avoid the conflict. Sure I had times where it was annoying but overall it can be managed. I am the same situation as you as well, and our server is also horde bias. I guess with phase 2 coming out today/tomorrow its going to be best to head to a PVE realm for you guys as it could get worse. However on your priest you should be melting faces constantly (assuming shadow).

Caporegime
Thing is I never suffered hours lost to ganking. I got ganked regularly on my warrior as 1v1 its one of the weakest classes so free kill to hordes. I just move along to a different area, hit up a different quest, generally avoid the conflict. Sure I had times where it was annoying but overall it can be managed. I am the same situation as you as well, and our server is also horde bias. I guess with phase 2 coming out today/tomorrow its going to be best to head to a PVE realm for you guys as it could get worse. However on your priest you should be melting faces constantly (assuming shadow).

He's only level 36 atm and doesn't yet have shadowform. 1v1, assuming +-2/3 levels, I do indeed melt everything, but I'm always faced by at least two, one of which is fairly consistently 20 levels above me.

That said, melting smartass rogues who think they have the drop on me is fantastic.

Soldato
Ran a total pug of MC last two nights we got 8/10 down with random geared and specced folk from IF not bad for a pug.

We didn't have enough fire res on the tanks to keep going, but shows the improvement in skill level / knowledge from original

Back
Top Bottom