• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 5700 XT Owners Thread.

Associate
I run an rx 5700 xt on water and cant get it stable @ 2.1GHz. Every time it hits 21xx MHz it crashes.
I got it running at a stable 2070 - 2090 with an 915Mhz on the VRAM. Core and Memory Hot spots get to low 80s C.

Associate
@Kaapstad can you take me off the roll of honour, please. There's no honour in owning this Powercolor Red Devil 5700XT. I've had more communication from dead relatives through a medium than I have gotten from Powercolor. A disgraceful company that is not fit to operate in 2019. Or maybe they prefer communication by carrier pigeon, my bad if so.

I'd have had a better ownership experience if I had just burnt my money to keep my hands warm for a few minutes. I've had no card now for over a month. RDR2 is ruined, God knows when I will be able to play it.
from ocuk? That’s really **********. I was so close to getting one after I read gibbons post when the 290 came out.

Take out your frustration on their Facebook page, they were quick to reply to me full three days before sapphire

Soldato
from ocuk? That’s really **********. I was so close to getting one after I read gibbons post when the 290 came out.

Take out your frustration on their Facebook page, they were quick to reply to me full three days before sapphire
Gave me a refund in the end, trouble is I need a new card now, dunno if sapphire nitro + is right choice, should prolly go nvidia and evga but the cost difference is significant. I don't know what to do

Associate
@Kaapstad can you take me off the roll of honour, please. There's no honour in owning this Powercolor Red Devil 5700XT. I've had more communication from dead relatives through a medium than I have gotten from Powercolor. A disgraceful company that is not fit to operate in 2019. Or maybe they prefer communication by carrier pigeon, my bad if so.

I'd have had a better ownership experience if I had just burnt my money to keep my hands warm for a few minutes. I've had no card now for over a month. RDR2 is ruined, God knows when I will be able to play it.

I would not be overly concerned with RDR2. Game still broke. Save yourself another headache.

Soldato
Ut ow, cancelling my nitro+ order then :(

Perhaps I should have made myself clear, it seems as though every forum or YouTube video I read/watch there is a constant mention of driver issues, instability etc.

This is putting me off from ordering the Nitro+ even though it gets high praise. I'm considering a 2070S now and this will be the first Nvidia card I've bought in 15+ years!

Associate
Perhaps I should have made myself clear, it seems as though every forum or YouTube video I read/watch there is a constant mention of driver issues, instability etc.

This is putting me off from ordering the Nitro+ even though it gets high praise. I'm considering a 2070S now and this will be the first Nvidia card I've bought in 15+ years!

I have not really followed the pattern of which AIB causing all the headaches. You just have to avoid those that do. My Navis are trouble free so far but they are reference.

Soldato
I have not really followed the pattern of which AIB causing all the headaches. You just have to avoid those that do. My Navis are trouble free so far but they are reference.

I see many complaints over drivers mainly causing BSODs, black screens during games and the likes. The Nitro+ seems a quality card, but don't want to splash out £400+ to face months of instability.

Associate
I see many complaints over drivers mainly causing BSODs, black screens during games and the likes. The Nitro+ seems a quality card, but don't want to splash out £400+ to face months of instability.

Have not experienced any of that on both my navis but i do not oc. Just undervolt. Got my first one after a month from launch and i guess was pretty lucky by that time the driver got straightened out.

Also, i do not use DDU, MSI AB or Trixx. Just Wattman and HWINFO64.

Soldato
Have not experienced any of that on both my navis but i do not oc. Just undervolt. Got my first one after a month from launch and i guess was pretty lucky by that time the driver got straightened out.

Also, i do not use DDU, MSI AB or Trixx. Just Wattman and HWINFO64.

I'm very much the same. New hardware = A fresh install of Windows and drivers.

I believe 95% of the issues are created by cheapo power units and splitter cables.

I've not seen a recent driver complaint yet but noticed in the newest driver notes it is a known issue?

Soldato
Had a nitro+ for a couple of months now, zero complaint, no problem with drivers... with 3700x... dunno what the fuss is about... I only wish I had of waited for thr nitro+ special edition, and it is cheaper, darn it.

Associate
Gave me a refund in the end, trouble is I need a new card now, dunno if sapphire nitro + is right choice, should prolly go nvidia and evga but the cost difference is significant. I don't know what to do
The red devil, nitro + and the gaming x where my three choices. I was dead set on getting the devil but I sent a webnote to confirm if I still have warranty if I remove the cooler, then it was nitro they don’t allow cooler removal so I went with the gaming x. Sure half of one ram chip is not cooled it’s cuased any issues it doesn’t matter as I plan to waterblock.

The 5700xt is not a bad card don’t let Powercolor poor customer service put you off.

Back
Top Bottom