• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Need Some Advice Choosing Which RTX 2070 Super

Caporegime
So I've decided I want an RTX 2070 Super. The only question now is how to decide which manufacturer.

My thoughts were initially drawn to a choice between the following:

AORUS GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER 8192MB GDDR6 PCI-EXPRESS GRAPHICS CARD

and

EVGA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 8192MB GDDR6 PCI-EXPRESS GRAPHICS CARD

This is how my thought process went.

Aorus
  • Comes with 4 year warranty
  • Good factory boost clock to 1905MHz
  • RGB fans (downside however is that I don't have a vertical GPU mount so won't be able to see them properly)
  • Seems a bit "showy", with reviews showing this cooler doesn't run particularly cool or quiet and make observations about the middle fan being almost pointless because of that overlapping design.
EVGA

• 3 year warranty (less than Gigabyte)
  • Factory overclock of boost to 1815MHz. This isn't that great, and is the same as the £450 palit card currently on offer for black friday
  • Does however come with the FTW3 cooler which seems to get rave reviews for being both cool and quiet. Does this mean I could probably get just as good a non factory overclock as the Aorus ?
  • Reading online, people seem to rave about EVGA customer service as being the best in the business.

Currently torn between these two, and just saying "Sod it" on the grounds they're all the same card anyway right, this is all just marketing and just buying the Palit one that's on the black friday special at the minute:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/pali...ddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-04y-pl.html

Help please !

OcUK Staff
I'd personally not buy either as they are not worth the price premium over the Palit Jetstream or GameRock which are £450.

Also remember when it comes to overclocks are the various cards, pretty much every 2070 Super will do 2000MHz core, the manufacturers some of them are just lazy with their overclock settings, simple fact is all these cards boost out the box to over 1900MHz and a quick +100 will see them over 2000MHz.

Out of those pair, I'd buy the Aorus though everytime as it has one advantage just like the Strix version, they use 2080 PCB's.

Caporegime
OP
Only remaining concern was what I read about EVGA's customer service being amazing. Is that just because i'm reading american forums and they are naturally drawn to praising an american company ?

Or is their customer service as good as they make it out to be.

Soldato
Only remaining concern was what I read about EVGA's customer service being amazing. Is that just because i'm reading american forums and they are naturally drawn to praising an american company ?

If you really want to buy an EVGA card why don't you just get the cheaper EVGA Super Black. All the 2070S cards will have roughly the same performance.

Caporegime
OP
Pretty sure its very good in the UK also.

I wasn't really thinking about that, I was more wondering if those opinions i were reading were biased. To be more specific, is it noticeably better than say Palit to justify the extra expense ?

If you really want to buy an EVGA card why don't you just get the cheaper EVGA Super Black. All the 2070S cards will have roughly the same performance.

That is another alternative. But from what I've read of the teardowns, the FTW3 cooler has been praised for being really very well built, managing both low temps and without being too loud.

I'd be interested in peoples thoughts in how much I should read into this ? again, are these coolers that much better to warrant the extra ?

OcUK Staff

EVGA are good, but at the same time it should also not matter much if your buying from OcUK as we will honour the whole warranty period if you wish and we can deal with it for you.

Back
Top Bottom