Shenmue 3

Soldato
Getting released on the 19th of this month, from what I remember of the first two on Dreamcase was amazing!

Looking forward to this one.

Associate
1 and 2 are among my most favourite games ever. I remember we didn't have a VMU memory card for our Dreamcast at the start, so I played through the first disk of the first game, from start to finish, in one sitting about 3 times before the VMU came.

Then when I played 2, I was so hooked I completed it in about 3 days. It was a summer holiday, so I just played it from dusk till dawn. The level of detail in everything and the immersion was just immense.

I need to upgrade my PC before I can play this though :(

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I backed this on kickstarter and was excited until they got greedy and broke a bunch of promises, the biggest for me being selling out to Epic.

Got my refund back in the end.

Associate
After people asking for Half Life 3, there was a pretty sizeable amount of people who also wanted Shenmue 3, including me. So the fact it's actually coming out means it'll likely be my first and maybe only paid game on the Epic store.

It's almost a 20 year cliffhanger from completing Shemnue 2 on Dreamcast, crazy to think it's been that long. Double nostalgia for the 80's setting and the belated end of a turn of the Millennium franchise. Go back 20 years prior to that and you'd be lucky to play space invaders.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
After people asking for Half Life 3, there was a pretty sizeable amount of people who also wanted Shenmue 3, including me. So the fact it's actually coming out means it'll likely be my first and maybe only paid game on the Epic store.

It's almost a 20 year cliffhanger from completing Shemnue 2 on Dreamcast, crazy to think it's been that long. Double nostalgia for the 80's setting and the belated end of a turn of the Millennium franchise. Go back 20 years prior to that and you'd be lucky to play space invaders.
If the reviews are decent I will eventually play it, just won’t be on the epic store.

Soldato
Yeah, I'll play it one day. Not on Epic though. That move took most of my excitement for it, will be a good while until exclusivity ends.
Shenmue 1 and 2 were great games in the day, times have changed and they're dated but still good.

Caporegime
The first game was impressive back in 2000 but when I think back the second half of it was just a repetition of going back and fourth between home/sleeping and driving a fork lift truck as a job, they padded it out quite a bit. I've not played 2 any good?

Soldato
When I tried it, it was pretty useless in China. Pricing not in a convenient currency, offers not available. I've not see any update to say it's changed.
I don't need to regurgitate the rest of the non-regional reasons.

Back
Top Bottom