Red Dead Redemption 2

Soldato
yes at stock speed with a GTX1080, 2560×1440, most setting at max and multi-sampling getting 30-40fps, i'm surprised how well it runs as I havn't even got it overclocked at the moment

That's actually pretty impressive. Mines overclocked to 4.5 I think, but I have a 1070 so I imagine I'll see similar results to user Tombstone above.

I'd like to push the resolution past 1080 but I'm guessing if I want to hit 60fps at all then that's off the cards?

I just want ps4 level of settings but at 60fps

Associate
That's actually pretty impressive. Mines overclocked to 4.5 I think, but I have a 1070 so I imagine I'll see similar results to user Tombstone above.

I'd like to push the resolution past 1080 but I'm guessing if I want to hit 60fps at all then that's off the cards?

I just want ps4 level of settings but at 60fps

Did you see my 1070ti settings, it is 1080p though.

Soldato
The one x is native 4k, it really is impressive tbh. Only dips below 30 a few times. Uses the same Ultra textures as well.
4K almost 30 yes and whilst textures are ultra that’s more about vram than grunt. Where it counts the Xbox uses low or lower than low settings. It’s not bad )unless you compare screen grabs) but it is what it is.

I suspect if you set the Xbox to 1440p increased the eye candy it would actually look better.

Associate
Screenshots below do not show story based spoilers but they do have spoilers about things that can be found in the world. So don't click unless you want to find this stuff on your own.

nSobzwx.jpg
B8j07QV.jpg
ZfIq7EJ.jpg
582wGyP.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
The game was running great for me but the most recent patch has caused the game to now stutter quite a lot, anyone else experienced this and know of some kind of temp fix ?
me, i had 0 micro stutters until the latest update. its annoying as i now get about 15-20 fps more than i used to but it stutters randomly for no reason now. you could try turning on async in the ini file to see if it helps, ive yet to try though

Associate
Anyone using an ..i5 2500k?

Possible?

yes at stock speed with a GTX1080, 2560×1440, most setting at max and multi-sampling getting 30-40fps, i'm surprised how well it runs as I havn't even got it overclocked at the moment
Still running nice and smooth for me, I do have a gsync monitor as well so I don't know how much difference that makes.
Adding "-cpuLoadRebalancing" to the command line argument made all the difference, I still have my older Nvidia driver in use but I don't know if I will replace it when Nvidia release a new one.
I thought I was going to have to upgrade my system, so I'm pleased I can put if off a little longer, I was thinking of starting the game again from the start to play it without all the hassle I had with it constantly freezing, but I'm too far through it now

Back
Top Bottom