Do people not like heated seats?

Associate
Having witnesses most modern heated seats, none I've tried beat BMW for time to heat up, that and the fact you can set how warm each of the 3 settings is (or cool if you have ventilated).

Have to turn the seat off after 5 minutes in the 320, they heat up that quick. Dunno how my daughter can sit there with the seat on Max and still complain of being cold!!

Caporegime
Heated seats and steering wheel in my Mustang and I love them.

Knock the seats down to one bar after a few minutes and it is as comfortable as comfortable can be.

Soldato
probably a case of most folk don't bother because it's money for an option they don't put much value in.

for example if it came down to heated seats or auto-dim rear mirror i'd take the latter.

i've only had one car with heated seats and sadly the drivers side one was broken when i got it :(

Totally disagree, had many cars with auto dim mirrors before, current one doesn't have that and tbh I've never even noticed. I notice the cold leather every day though and heated seats are on basically all the time at this time of year. Couldn't imagine leather without heating.

Soldato
I once had a volvo 440 that had heated seats... they were about the only thing it had. Wind up windows the lot. I guess it's because it came from a very cold place....

Soldato
Love my heated seats, and the fact it heats your back too. I don’t even bother with the heated air con now. Just crank the seat onto full and it’s enough to keep me warm on the journey, that and the heated steering wheel.

Associate
Never been too fussed about heated seats, could easily live without them, but I do have them on my 56 plate golf and they work well on days when you have to scrape the ice off your windows. Just switch them on and by the time you are finished scraping they have started to get warm.

Soldato
I'm in the don't like them camp. I think we need a poll tbh.

I tend to run quite warm though so maybe that's why. I will occasionally switch them on for the first few minutes on really cold mornings, but I switch them off as soon as I feel a bit of warmth, couldn't stand to have them on for a while. My girlfriend on the other hand, has them set to max pretty much constantly.

I wouldn't miss heated seats if my car didn't have them, now cooled vented seats on the other hand, they are fantastic in the summer, sadly I've only had one car with them on.

Soldato
now cooled vented seats on the other hand, they are fantastic in the summer, sadly I've only had one car with them on.
I think we/UK need the sun regularly first .. one day this year when it was ~40 ?
Near the med in summer imhop you have to have a towel permanently on leather type seats to avoid sweat and burn on the back of legs ... would a cooled seat cut it ?

Caporegime
I'm in the don't like them camp. I think we need a poll tbh.

I tend to run quite warm though so maybe that's why. I will occasionally switch them on for the first few minutes on really cold mornings, but I switch them off as soon as I feel a bit of warmth, couldn't stand to have them on for a while. My girlfriend on the other hand, has them set to max pretty much constantly.

I wouldn't miss heated seats if my car didn't have them, now cooled vented seats on the other hand, they are fantastic in the summer, sadly I've only had one car with them on.

Being in Scotland I don't need cool vented seats. however when I was in LA where it was 37C then yeah I needed them.

So a poll would be pointless without location and average temperature there. Here in Scotland if you have leather and you don't have heated seats then it's not nice.

However OP is talking about a fiesta here. Whoever specs them on a fiesta should just buy a better car in the first place.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Being in Scotland I don't need cool vented seats. however when I was in LA where it was 37C then yeah I needed them.

So a poll would be pointless without location and average temperature there. Here in Scotland if you have leather and you don't have heated seats then it's not nice.

However OP is talking about a fiesta here. Whoever specs them on a fiesta should just buy a better car in the first place.
lolwut? So everyone should buy a Mercedes-Maybach S600 instead of speccing things like heated seats. OK M9

Associate
Fiestas a great car, best warm/hot hatch there is imho

As for vented seats, if the sun is strong in the summer and you have the roof down it can get very hot - i wouldnt mind having a fridge under my ass.

Caporegime
lolwut? So everyone should buy a Mercedes-Maybach S600 instead of speccing things like heated seats. OK M9

Where did I say that?

Fiesta is pretty much a basic budget type car. It's a step up from a corsa. But it's not something I would expect to have all mod cons like heated seats and it doesn't they need to be specced as an extra.

Whereas in a maybach yes they should be there as standard.

Both my cars have them fitted I'm sure in the BMW they were an extra and in the Lexus they were standard. When i was looking at an X5 and I still am I found it interesting that a lot of the decent ones didn't have them specced yet the ones I didn't like the look of did. That is a car I would have thought even if it wasn't standard the owner would have specced them anyway.

Back
Top Bottom