Advice on Photo Editing PC + monitors

Associate
Given your father's requirements, why are you ordering a gaming GPU? Would not a Nvidia Quadro offer a better colour gamut? Full 10 bit colour, for instance. I would suggest you choose your GPU in concert with themonitors - there's no point getting a 10 bit GPU if the monitors aren't 10 bit.

And there's no point getting either if the software doesn't support it which sadly Lightroom doesn't yet do (I believe Photoshop does).

https://community.adobe.com/t5/ligh...for-use-of-a-wide-gamut-monitor/td-p/10306766

There is a comment early on in that link that says the banding issues that an 8-bit workflow can present tend not to be too noticeable in photography as there is naturally noise in a photo.

But overall the Cuda cores will be of more use than 10-bit colour at this point in time.

Associate
OP
Apparently my dad is having issues with the nas drive, would it be advisable to get an additional ssd drive (i.e. an additional 2/4tb) if so does it matter if it is sata or pcie?

Associate
OP
I have decided to get 2x dell monitors, i have looked at the GC suggested (KFA2 GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER EX 1CLICK-OC 8192MB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card) and it only has 1 DP.

Could any one make an alternative suggestion for a GC with 2x DP

Thanks again for your time

Back
Top Bottom