• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Choosing between 2070 Super cards

OcUK Staff
Heheh. Getting so close to getting this GPU and having my headset working at last now! :D

Gibbo - No deal showing on the chair I'd set my heart on. I have a CS thread already open, so I'll ask in that if there's any chance of helping me out. Fingers crossed again! Thanks for your help in this thread. :)

You should post in Glen's thread about chairs, as they are his products and he makes the decision on any further discounts.

Associate
I recently switched from a msi 2070 super ventus oc to the jet stream.
The jet stream is so super quiet even at 100% fan speed. Cant fault the card at all it is rather huge though. Had to move my case around a bit to make it fit but now it's in it's an awesome card

Soldato
Thanks to this thread and OCUK's more aggressive pricing, I have just ordered the GB Gaming OC model for delivery tomorrow. Cheers @Gibbo and the OCUK team :)

Somehow I managed to cram the 5700 Mech OC in my wife's Raven ITX case.

Associate
I'm just trying to decide between these 2 myself. I would prefer quiet but the usb-c on the front for future VR was swinging this for me.

Can I just confirm the GB Gaming OC card isn't a loud card. Just a bit louder than the jetstream.

wnb

wnb

Soldato
I'm just trying to decide between these 2 myself. I would prefer quiet but the usb-c on the front for future VR was swinging this for me.

Can I just confirm the GB Gaming OC card isn't a loud card. Just a bit louder than the jetstream.

I'm in the same boat, too many cards to chose from.

Associate
I have the Gigabyte OC version and I recommend it for the 4 year warranty. The Palit and Gigabyte are are almost exactly the same length. The palit looks to have 2 x 90mm fans whereas the gigabyte has 3 x 82mm fans.

Gigayte should arguably equal or exceed the Palit at cooling.

Can I ask does yours have the USB-C connection on the card, I ordered this one but it has arrived and it doesn't have the USB-C.
All the numbers on the board say it should have when I cross ref with the Gigabyte website, hell even the pictures on the OC website have it there as does the review for the card at the bottom.

Looks like the picture doesn't match the card, pity as that is why I bought that particular card :(

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Can I ask does yours have the USB-C connection on the card, I ordered this one but it has arrived and it doesn't have the USB-C.
All the numbers on the board say it should have when I cross ref with the Gigabyte website, hell even the pictures on the OC website have it there as does the review for the card at the bottom.

Looks like the picture doesn't match the card, pity as that is why I bought that particular card :(

I’d not be surprised if Gigabyte have stopped adding the port as other manufacturers have done same.

Associate
I’d not be surprised if Gigabyte have stopped adding the port as other manufacturers have done same.

Yeah but it's needed for the VR headset USB-C connection, I've done a webnote to see if I can swap it for the Palit one that does have it.

I'm still doing research but as far as I can see the VR stuff needs to be connected to the USB-C on the graphics card.

It's a shame but I'm sure we can sort it out one way or another.

OcUK Staff
Confirmed Gigabyte say no longer USB C and confirmed ocuk description is fine and part codes correct and just saying our image needs updating.

Associate

Until I read this I was 100% sure mine did come with USB C, but as I don't plan to use VR for a while at least I left all the the other plastic caps on and just took one Display port cap off.

I just double checked and it doesn't actually have one, I've got the three display ports and one HDMI!

My fault for not being observant when I first got it but it was sold with a UBS port in the description, I might even have to ask for a small retroactive discount based on this.

Also I found this, it seems there's 2 different OC models, the 3 X one which we must have with no USB and the usual one that has it.

https://www.gigabyte.com/uk/Graphics-Card/GV-N207SGAMING-OC-8GD#kf

https://www.gigabyte.com/uk/Graphics-Card/GV-N207SGAMING-OC-8GC#kf

Mine's a couple of months old and maybe I should have checked better but does seem to be confusing for buyers.

Associate
Also just to add to this I think you should change the name of the card. Officially it's called the:

GeForce® RTX 2070 SUPER™ GAMING OC 3X 8G

But listed on OCUK just as the standard one, without the 3X part people can't research the card properly.

Have to say am disappointed by this, I'm not especially fussed with VR but the card is being sold under an incorrect name. The box is correct now but anyone doing research would likely use the name for research. I think OCUK need to add the 3 X to the name otherwise people are researching this based on the other name which offers more.

Associate
Yeah but it's needed for the VR headset USB-C connection, I've done a webnote to see if I can swap it for the Palit one that does have it.

I'm still doing research but as far as I can see the VR stuff needs to be connected to the USB-C on the graphics card.

It's a shame but I'm sure we can sort it out one way or another.

Don't be too quick swapping it to that Palit. Seems they also do models without USB-C.

Seem this one OCUK sell doesn't have USB-C either.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/pali...ddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-04y-pl.html

http://www.palit.com/palit/vgapro.php?id=3303&lang=en

Product codes match up, no USB C on the Palit either and only 2 year warranty, disappointing for that and the Gigabyte.

Associate
I cant comment on Palit since I never used them before but based on many reviews the 20 series GB cards are very good, 10 series GB cards was a different story. I personally had a Strix 1080ti and it was great, tried a PNY 2080ti and omg that card has a terrible cooler. It was automatic 80C even with fans spinning fast. Therefore I ended up going back to Strix.

Associate
Don't be too quick swapping it to that Palit. Seems they also do models without USB-C.

Seem this one OCUK sell doesn't have USB-C either.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/pali...ddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-04y-pl.html

http://www.palit.com/palit/vgapro.php?id=3303&lang=en

Product codes match up, no USB C on the Palit either and only 2 year warranty, disappointing for that and the Gigabyte.

This Palit I'll go for.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/pali...ddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-04z-pl.html

I think it looks ok.

I agree that there are so many of these with slightly different names that it can get confusing, as Gibbo said the part number is right but the picture is wrong, a difference between a C and a D in the part name, when I researched I just did it on the card name (probably how the guys got the pictures too), I actually had to scroll down quite a lot to get the wrong one when searching on the name after the surprise of what arrived.

On googling the USB-C thing it's really just to get extra power (and data) and be able to connect (next gen) VR headsets with a single cable. You'll probably be able to get VirtualLink USB-C type cards once the technology catches up.

I'll talk to the guys tomorrow and see how much hassle this is going to be to change my one and take it from there.

Associate
Yeah that different Palit definitely looks to have the USB C, a better choice.

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/gigabyte-rtx-2070-super-gaming-oc.b7025

I found this helpful for research though it's not totally up to date. Most of the 2070 supers don't have USB C, but I specifically bought the Gigabyte OC version from OCUK as it was titled (and still is), GEFORCE RTX 2070 Super Gaming OC for the USB connector, not the 3X version which is what I got. I've got receipts and invoices that state the non 3X version. I did all my research on that name, not the 3X version. It's not even a case of being a variant version of the same card, Gigabyte list them as different cards with a different name as I've linked earlier in the thread.

I'll be calling them this week to see what can be done, am likely happy keeping the card as long as I can still play the new HL Alyx which is all I'm really interested in playing on VR, but it might take some discount for me to keep it, especially as it's cheaper now and they reintroduced the free MW offer anyway.

OcUK Staff
Yeah that different Palit definitely looks to have the USB C, a better choice.

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/gigabyte-rtx-2070-super-gaming-oc.b7025

I found this helpful for research though it's not totally up to date. Most of the 2070 supers don't have USB C, but I specifically bought the Gigabyte OC version from OCUK as it was titled (and still is), GEFORCE RTX 2070 Super Gaming OC for the USB connector, not the 3X version which is what I got. I've got receipts and invoices that state the non 3X version. I did all my research on that name, not the 3X version. It's not even a case of being a variant version of the same card, Gigabyte list them as different cards with a different name as I've linked earlier in the thread.

I'll be calling them this week to see what can be done, am likely happy keeping the card as long as I can still play the new HL Alyx which is all I'm really interested in playing on VR, but it might take some discount for me to keep it, especially as it's cheaper now and they reintroduced the free MW offer anyway.

The best we can offer is to match the current price the offer is at and refund that difference otherwise a case of return card for a full refund.

Associate
Thanks Gibbo.

I feel that's fair, I'll decide over the next day or so and phone up referencing this topic. I'm not blaming OCUK for this as, with thousands of products and constant changes I can't expect you to have them all exactly right. Despite being different cards they and the boxes look almost the same so it's an easy mistake.

I do really appreciate getting a reply and a resolution on a Sunday as well. Will be buying a new case and fans soon, with this kind of customer service I'll be coming back to OCUK.

Back
Top Bottom