What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Gemini Man. 5/10. Not as bad as I had heard it was. It passed a couple of hours. There were a couple of times where the CGI work was criminal. Mostly the de-aging of Smith is excellent but there are some times (esp the last scene) where it gets fully 'uncanny valley'. In addition there are two fight scenes (motorbike and catacombs) were the level of CGI is on a par with the infamous Neo v Smith fight in the second Matrix film. Rubber physics anyone? Overall though, it kept me interested and the wife stayed awake. :)

Associate
I caught Le Mans '66 last night and my lord, what a hidden gem that was! I'm not a massive petrolhead, but clearly know about Shelby, Iochoka (sp?) and knew a bit about the story of the GT40 from the expose they did on Top Gear a few years ago, so I wasn't sure how I'd like it. I didn't have to worry, Damon and Bale were amazing, and personally I think Bale really stole the show. He's definitely one of the best actors out there right now.

Can't recommend enough for those with even just a passing interest in cars - I give it a solid 7 or 8 out of 10 :)

Soldato
Joker A Self contained character piece No CGI
Very well done loved it...watched Saturday & still thinking about now
9/10

Joker-Dancing-header-e1571841434396.jpg

watched this last night. Is an easy 8/10 from
Me

Soldato
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7286916/

The Dawn Wall ( on netflix currently)

Documentary/movie - Amazing - really really interesting story and the level of obsession that some people go to when they set their mind to it. Didn't think something about climbing would have me so engrossed.

I remember seeing it on the news at the time but watching it and finding out more about it - cinematography is absolutely gorgeous as well.

Superb.

9/10 for me

Christ, i've got sweaty palms just from the trailer!

Associate
21 Bridges (2019) - 6/10

A run of the mill police thriller which doesn’t really do anything new, but is still good and entertaining to watch.

Not as tense as I was expecting as it focuses on the drama and the pensive stances of the lead, but the acting’s good (although the characters are rather cliché) and the action and overall style is realistic and gritty.

Caporegime
Le man's 66 8.8/10

I know what a Shelby cobra car is and id heard of a Ford GT40 So i was totally set to see a film about car racing! :p
Really good film, very well acted, good humour, interesting story.
Probably not everyone's cup of tea, but definitely worth seeing unless you despise cars.

Soldato
IT

I don't watch many horror films, too much of a wuss, but this looked interesting enough to give it a go. It was pretty great, liked it a lot. Wasn't too scary, just nicely creepy/foreboding.

Will definitely watch the sequel when it hits Netflix /Prime.

Soldato
Joker 8/10
Probably the best film of a shockingly poor year for films.
Great performance from Joaquin phoenix who I regard as one of the best actors around at the moment. It's a grim film with zero laughs, but it tells the story of Jokers descent into madness brilliantly. A cut above all the other comic book guff out there.

Back
Top Bottom