Any gas engineers here - Boiler advice

Associate
Morning all

Very old boiler in our large flat needs replacing. The plumber has offered me the following options. I would welcome any advice on brand, prices, performance etc from any gas engineers or plumbers on the forums.

Glowworm Betacom 4 boiler with 5 years warrenty on boiler + Magna clean filter + Calmag limescale reducer and wireless programmer £1225

Glowworm Ultimate 3 boiler with 10 years warrenty on the boiler + all of the above £1450

Ideal Instinct 2 with 5 years warrenty on the boiler + all of the above £1190

Ideal Logic Max with 10 years warrenty on the boiler + all of the above £1540

I assume that to maintain the warrenty id have to have an annual boiler service?

Associate
OP
Thank you for your input all. Decided on the Ideal as most websites rate them more reliable than the Glowworm.

Went for the 10 year warrenty also. Seem like a no brainer cost vs extra 5 years.

Its for a rental flat we own.

Soldato
IMHO Ideal make terrible boilers. We do nothing but repair leaking and locked out Logics and the Vogue range isn't much better either. Ideal have some serious issues with that alloy heat exchanger. Lots of people complaining about them. (25yrs in heating trade) Although ideal haven't done a recall, they do a very cheap heat exchanger replacement for a one off fee, for those less fortunate to be inside warranty.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom