Asus Rog Strix X470-F Gaming No Post

Associate
So i i built the system a few months ago and it's been working fine apart from an occasional report of a ram problem but there was no pattern or consistency to the error and it worked 99.9% of the time so ii didn't worry about it. Tonight i i was playing panzer corp and the fans were really going mad so i eixited the game and restarted was just going to check bios settings make sure everything was setup properly. Pc restarted i didn't get to the post screen just a black screen with a _ in the upper left hand corner and nothing after at first i ihought it might be the Gfx card so i put my old working one in no difference then i tried just one ram module at a time and no difference.

I'm starting to think the motherboard has failed and that occasional memory issue might have indicated the board had something wrong from the install. I'm asking hoping there's something I've missed it's usually something simple so hoping that's the case here thanks in advance for any suggestions or help later I'll try disconnecting everything see if that makes a difference in case something has a short or cable related issue.

Build is

Asus Rog Strix X470-F gaming
16Gb's of Corsair LPX Vengeance 3200 Ddr 4
Vega 56 Pulse Gfx
Amd X2700
Corsair 850w Psu

Associate
OP
Problem solved the grandkids plugged a non working usb drive into the back of the pc where i i couldn't see it yesterday they asked their dad if doing that could break grandads pc so drive out normality restored if an admin wants to bin this thread that would be good.

Associate
Glad it's solved.

I have the same motherboard but the X570 version. not used it yet as need to get the latest BIOS update to get the 2200G I have until I can get 3950X.

Have you ever used the BIOS flashback button on it?

Associate
OP
Thanks no I haven't used that yet it's been stable since i built it so haven't touched the bios on it yet not even sure what the latest bios version is m but people are saying stick with 4008 unless you have the new ryzen CPUs as after that it's mainly about the latest CPUs.

Back
Top Bottom