echo dot playing ios music

Associate
sorry cant find anywhere else to post this, I am thinking of getting my mother an echo dot but she is an iPhone user, so will it play her downloaded music from her iPhone, not apple music from the cloud just by asking ?
Thanks

Soldato
Pretty sure the echo by default will stream music from Amazon music, it doesn't take anything from any connected device. So for this you will need to be logged into an account with a Prime subscription.

Otherwise, you can add other sources like spotify, deezer or apple music which it can stream the music from.

Edit: rereading it, sounds like you can connect your phone via bluetooth to play music from the device, but can't say I can comment on how it's used. Not sure if it works with voice.

Associate
OP
thanks I read most of the google replies and also searched and it seems that it can only stream from the cloud and not from her music stored on her phone, just wondered if anyone had it set up like this and could help

Associate
In the Alexa app which you link to the Echo, you can choose which services to use for music streaming. You just need to log in with the appropriate credentials for each service and link it to Alexa, a la:
omKAMTj.jpg z5H514K.jpg

Associate
You should be able to use the dot as a bluetooth speaker. Not sure to what extent you would have voice control over playback.

The fart noise feature is worth the £22 alone.

Back
Top Bottom