Spec me: Pillows

Associate
Hi all

I am looking for some new pillows.
Its something I have been struggling with for a long time now, I have bought several different pillows every few months now, and I just can't get comfortable with them.
They are either too high, too soft, too hard, lumpy, (I even bought an "anti snore" pillow, which was like sleeping on folded up clothes)
I've always bought branded pillows, but can't seem to find anything that's comfortable enough.

Any suggests?

Cheers all.

Soldato
I switched over to a Tempur pillow a couple weeks back, not cheap but I find it really comfortable. I'd managed to pull a muscle in my neck climbing and was waking up in the night with it hurting with my old pillows so I thought it was time for a change and it's definitely helped. I also only need one pillow now instead of the two I had before.

Soldato
Go to Dunelm, and actually get to feel a multitude of pillows so you can pick what feels right to you. Otherwise you'll potentially spend an absolute fortune before you find the right ones.

Associate
OP
Cheers for all your replies guys, really helpful.
Tempur would unfortunately be a last resort due to the price of them, hoping i find something a bit cheaper for the time being.
I really like the idea of the shredded memory foam pillows, so i will be looking into those for the time being :)

Cheers again

Associate
Pillow shopping is one of those 50/50 gambles every time. I find. I got my current pillow from Dunelm and pretty much got lucky with it but my father in-law also bought one from there recently and hates it. The problem is you can't return a pillow once bought (makes sense) but you cant 'test' them out either. All you can do is squeeze them with your hands and hope thats a good way of working it out.

By far one of the easiest ways to lose money!

Man of Honour
Always a pain trying to find bedding I'm comfortable with - used to use generic medium pillows in the 80s through early 90s and was fine but these days they are cheap and nasty - been using some "hotel" pillows which are great for about 3 nights then the middle sags and you have to pummel them pretty hard to get the shape back for another few nights.

Same with bedding - used to use stuff that was a material that was popular in the 70s/80s but rarely used any more (will have to look it up) it was perfect not too hot or too cold, not too rigid or too heavy but not so light it would slink off you, etc. really hard to find good replacements.

Soldato
Don't get these

Web Ref: 61802501
Item: John Lewis Goose Feather and Down Standard Pillow, Medium
Item Price: £16.00
maybe, they lasted 6 months

Pillow shopping is one of those 50/50 gambles every time
+1
well i thinks its maybe buy cheap buy twice ... quality is very subjective by the shops

next time probably these , which have more like the goose content some older ones that oulasted JL have.
https://www.soakandsleep.com/snow-white-goose-down-pillow.html#tech-details
although do gooses come in a dirty brown too ?

those dunlopillo ones look good too. ... it's at least a consistent product

Back
Top Bottom