Police dealing with incident on London Bridge amid reports of shots fired

Soldato
Think they need to examine the sanity of some of the people taking pictures ... the people in the restaurant with the policeman+gun aimed, just outside the window,
the guy pushed out the way by the poilice as they pursue the assailant.

Do the videos posted also represent an impediment to the police acting effectively, so once again a recrimination on the role of utube, like nz
maybe the police could shut out local cell and internet hubs if the incident is deemed more serious though
... like in the french atrocity where I'm sure police can now prevent their strategy being exposed by videos.

Man of Honour
One thing I find really weird, I've seen the amateur footage where the cops pulled the other guys off this "terrorist", before he was shot, but when you watch the video, I find it really strange that he is led there, on the floor arms by his side, If you're shot in the head, while getting up, (i believe they said he was shot in the head?) and its a kill shot, you're going down like a sack of spuds, yet, there he is just led down like hes having a nap?

Far from any guarantees a bullet to the head or even several is an instant kill or even close. There have been cases in war where someone has had multiple bullet wounds including hits to the head and carried on fighting for minutes or hours before dying or even one soldier that carried an injured colleague something like 8 or 18 miles to safety despite having been hit multiple times.

Think they need to examine the sanity of some of the people taking pictures ... the people in the restaurant with the policeman+gun aimed, just outside the window,
the guy pushed out the way by the poilice as they pursue the assailant.

Do the videos posted also represent an impediment to the police acting effectively, so once again a recrimination on the role of utube, like nz
maybe the police could shut out local cell and internet hubs if the incident is deemed more serious though
... like in the french atrocity where I'm sure police can now prevent their strategy being exposed by videos.

Given the multitude of recording devices these days just not possible - lots of things like dashcams around, etc. they might be able to close down cell service to minimise chances of someone live streaming but even that isn't absolute - you'd probably have to kill any nearby hardlines that are wifi enabled as well such as some cafes, etc. even then people could just upload later.

Soldato
Another conspiracy angle...Its getting cold, so had to put his coat on after getting shot.

One thing I find really weird, I've seen the amateur footage where the cops pulled the other guys off this "terrorist", before he was shot, but when you watch the video, I find it really strange that he is led there, on the floor arms by his side, If you're shot in the head, while getting up, (i believe they said he was shot in the head?) and its a kill shot, you're going down like a sack of spuds, yet, there he is just led down like hes having a nap?

Rubbish it clear he was shot way after this proven in the other videos (the guy with the knife was well away) the amount of junk going around

Soldato
'OBSESSED' WITH TERROR London Bridge terrorist Usman Khan was sex pest at school who had photo of Osama bin Laden on his notepad
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10463161/london-bridge-usman-khan-osama-bin-laden/

Read the full article and around the time all those red flags were showing, and;

“Quite a few people reported it. When they did they were brought into an office (at the school) and the whole racism thing was laid down to them.”

Then less than a year after leaving school he was involved in an anti-terrorism operation, which for unknown reasons, despite the red flags, he was never charged. He went on to feature in a BBC Midlands programme from 2008, one year after he'd left school. Here is the clip.

Since that video there are photos of him waving around the ISIS flag, and just a few years later, when he was 19, he was arrested and charged for plotting to blow up the London Stock Exchange, Houses of Parliament, the US embassy, two Synagogues, the home of then London Mayor Boris Johnson, and attack an official at St Pauls Cathedral.

I notice in the media in the UK we're only really hearing of the London Stock Exchange being targetted, when in fact there was 6 other targets.

Caporegime

Sky News can confirm that a pre-burial ritual known as a Janaza took place in a Birmingham mosque before the body was flown to Pakistan.

It would probably be better PR wise and would better fit the narrative of "Islamists aren't proper muslims", "Islam is a religion of peace, this isn't Islam" etc.. if they refused such things as that... I'm pretty sure it has happened in previous cases - terrorist's family can't find anyone who will perform the burial etc...

Permabanned
I notice in the media in the UK we're only really hearing of the London Stock Exchange being targetted

Not that strange considering the government is more interested in protecting the City of London than London City. Look at the the money the government spent and the re-engineering they did post Bishopsgate bombing to prevent the financial centre being a target again to the Provisional IRA. They completely redesigned the layout to decrease the number of ways in, roads where blocked off with bollards, or they built houses / office buildings to block off routes. The whole network is monitored by CCTV and you can follow a car entering one side of London, through it and out the otherside from one control room.

Belfast had the first "Ring of Steel" to prevent terrorists bombing the city centre. But the City of London couldn't have such an ugly looking example. So they got creative and a whole industry sprang up around "anti terrorist architecture". The new American embassy is a perfect example. The old one is all bollards and reinforced concrete flower planters out the front. The new one has steep grass banks that you would only be able to drive up in a 4x4 with a moat. Many police stations in Northern Ireland got the same treatment. Our local police station went from an old Victorian building with anti-rpg / grenade grates welded onto the front of it, to all beautiful sandstone with nice stylish steel fences and a steep grass bank out the front set a decent distance from the main building so that if a car bomb is left out the front, the blast is directed up over the building.

Caporegime
It would probably be better PR wise and would better fit the narrative of "Islamists aren't proper muslims", "Islam is a religion of peace, this isn't Islam" etc.. if they refused such things as that... I'm pretty sure it has happened in previous cases - terrorist's family can't find anyone who will perform the burial etc...

To be fair not all mosques will be that way, you're expecting homogeneity in a religious community and you aren't going to find it in Islam. I imagine the intelligence services have a list of Wahhabi (though as i understand it... this term is no longer in fashion, preferring to use Salafi seemingly to pretend to appear more moderate) mosques and a few of them will be sources of extremists with proclivities for inviting hate preachers.

The majority of Islam detests this sect mind you.

One can only hope that Saudi Arabia actually fundamentally changes and shuns this ultra-conservative movement, rather than fund it.

Last edited:
Caporegime
To be fair not all mosques will be that way, you're expecting homogeneity in a religious community and you aren't going to find it in Islam.

No I'm not expecting that.

I imagine the intelligence services have a list of Wahhabi mosques and a few of them will be sources of extremists with proclivities for inviting hate preachers.

The majority of Islam detests this sect mind you.

Just another reward for being friendly with the al-Sauds.

Hang on - do you know for sure this (the ceremony/mosque) has anything to do with Wahhabism? All the article mentioned was "a Birmingham mosque" - that's a bit of a leap, unless you've got another source you've not posted (in which case it might be better to include it if you're going to comment on it).

Back
Top Bottom