*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Permabanned
No worries mate. Boxing can be an emotive sport. Always love to remember the "old" days. All he has to do is beat Wilder / Tyson or both.

I favour the Fury of the first Wilder fight over AJ still, but not that recent Fury :p and not Wilder bar a (big) puncher's chance.

Soldato
Be interesting to see how he fights moving forwards, was this a one off performance to nullify Ruiz or is he now scared of being hit and is gonna be the new Wlad jabbing to victory from distance?

Harder to keep Fury and Wilder at bay though as they're much taller rangier men.

Soldato
Not exciting but AJ did exactly what he needed to, totally outboxed him. Obviously exactly what he should have done first fight, but still.

Soldato
I favour the Fury of the first Wilder fight over AJ still, but not that recent Fury :p and not Wilder bar a (big) puncher's chance.
Fury is the big dog in the division, but the top 3 all offer something different and are pretty evenly matched. It's actually an exciting division right now.

Wilder isn't just a puncher. The dude's a sharpshooter. There's never been a heavyweight so good at turning his opponent's lights out. He ALWAYS catches his man eventually. Even in the Fury fight: only Fury's ungodly powers of recovery prevented Wilder doing it again.

Don
This whole Saudi love-in is a bit unfortunate. This is exactly why the Saudi's spent all the money to get the fight, to get all this fake praise instead of people talking about them murdering journalists.

Permabanned
Wilder isn't just a puncher. The dude's a sharpshooter. There's never been a heavyweight so good at turning his opponent's lights out. He ALWAYS catches his man eventually. Even in the Fury fight: only Fury's ungodly powers of recovery prevented Wilder doing it again.

I'd just say he relies more on "eventually" with luck rather than skill, than you do. I'd describe him as mainly a combo of the obvious physical attributes and awkwardness. Wouldn't be surprised if he landed a big shot on AJ and ended it, but I also wouldn't be surprised if AJ managed to box similarly to tonight and take it on points (but maybe have a scare along the way).

Soldato
Better fight wilder next, no interest in any other fights aside from fury.

Ruiz doesn’t deserve a rematch, got outclassed and came in undisciplined.

Wilder won’t go near Joshua. He was offered 15-20x his highest payday plus a freebie mandatory against a dead cert and the option of another big pay day after. Joshua will have a mandatory to face next.

Great performance from AJ. I would have liked him to jump on Ruiz slightly more but Ruiz was well and truly dealt with.

Soldato
Good Fight. No point slagging AJ off. Ruiz couldn't do it. AJ did what he needed too.

Any heavyweight can knock any other heavyweight clean out with a lucky shot..

Soldato
The first fight popped up on YouTube for me earlier and the only mistake AJ made was going for Ruiz to finish him after he knocked him down because as soon as he stepped into Ruiz’s world he was rocked and then that was it. He learnt a valuable lesson with that fight and knew he had to keep him at arms length for this one.

To be honest I bet AJ’s relieved that he won’t have to face him again. Plus Fury would handle Ruiz in exactly the same way. I reckon Wilder vs Ruiz could be interesting though. A guy who can take a punch vs a guy who likes giving some whoppers out every other windmill. :D

I guess it’s AJ vs the winner of Wilder/Fury next? Or will he have to fight someone else first?

Caporegime
Blimey, AJ fights at 19 odd stone and knocks people out and people say he’s a robot who can’t box. He slims down to 17 stone and puts on a boxing masterclass and people say he’s boring. Bloke can’t win!

Soldato
I loosely follow the boxing but for me this fight just proves it is a money making swindle. Joshua lost his last match (on purpose) and this match leads to a third. I'm done with boxing, it's a money making crock of ****. I hate ufc but at least it's not WWE.

Back
Top Bottom