• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ASROCK X570 TAICHI - THE RYZEN 3000 MOTHERBOARD GIBBO & 8 PACK RECOMMENDS

Soldato
Did it again this evening. Turned pc on it sat on full fans and blank screen for a bit, then rebooted. Rebooted as few times more before finally starting. Went into bios and found defaults loaded again. Loaded saved settings and reboot - came up with asrock screen and startup menu, then rebooted etc.

Powered off pc then switched off power supply. All back on and started up first time with no issues at all, xmp in place etc. Don't know if this is an issues with 2.46/2.50 or my pc, but hasn't done this with 2.10 and earlier. May revert back and see if it behaves itself again.

EDIT - Again this morning, although even switched off power didn't help either. When I finally got into bios, it had even reset the time too. Gone back to 2.10 for now, which has booted up fine. Will see how it goes over next few days.

This is weird been having the same issues as well. Fans stuck on full black screen, sometimes it would get to the splash screen and then reboot, sometimes got as far as Windows login before it froze/rebooted. Was driving me nuts. Cleared the CMOS etc, still doing it.

The BIOS the board shipped with was fine the troubles started with putting the 2.10 bios on it it just wasn't stable audio would crackle as well which is sign of memory problems I seem to recall - the issues started if I tried to enable XMP leftit off and it was fine - if you like your 3600 ram running at 2400.

Anyway thought I'd give 2.50 a try and thank the lord that seems to have fixed it.

Associate
Many of those problems were because people would try to load a profile from a previous BIOS version into a new version. For some reason it would create a lot of problems, me included. I started loading things manually since 2.10 and everything works fine. Now it actually seems that 2.50 does not let you load profiles from previous versions, it acts like if it does but nothing changes. Loading from 2.50 to 2.50 works fine.

Soldato
Yep as Nghtmare says, You have to re enter all BIOS settings manually again and save it as a new profile. Doesn't like older profiles as the new BIOS had extra settings added that aren't in the older BIOS and therefore your profile. If it is memory you can just apply XMP on later BIOS's unless you have OC'd your RAM further.

Associate
Yep as Nghtmare says, You have to re enter all BIOS settings manually again and save it as a new profile. Doesn't like older profiles as the new BIOS had extra settings added that aren't in the older BIOS and therefore your profile. If it is memory you can just apply XMP on later BIOS's unless you have OC'd your RAM further.
Exactly. Since I have custom settings and timings I just took a picture with my phone and keep them all there, including the custom fan profiles.

Associate
In my case I've always loaded defaults then redone basic settings manually (XMP and fan profiles) and still had issues with some bioses. Haven't saved anything to profiles to reload. Will see what next version is like once it's out of beta.

Soldato
Many of those problems were because people would try to load a profile from a previous BIOS version into a new version. For some reason it would create a lot of problems, me included. I started loading things manually since 2.10 and everything works fine. Now it actually seems that 2.50 does not let you load profiles from previous versions, it acts like if it does but nothing changes. Loading from 2.50 to 2.50 works fine.

Yup said it numerous times in this discussion the last 4 months, that users should never load settings from previous bios.

Soldato
It's a bit weird, because I've seen other motherboard manufacturers (eg Asus) that simply won't allow you to load previous BIOS settings. They just won't show in the load menu and your settings are set to default after a BIOS upgrade. Asrock would save themselves and their customers a lot of hassle if they implemented the same thing.

Associate
It's a bit weird, because I've seen other motherboard manufacturers (eg Asus) that simply won't allow you to load previous BIOS settings. They just won't show in the load menu and your settings are set to default after a BIOS upgrade. Asrock would save themselves and their customers a lot of hassle if they implemented the same thing.
Thats how it works now in a way. Well it shows but when you load it nothing happens.

Associate
Just installed 2.70, so for so good. The main differences I noticed are CCX overclocking and ECO mode (maybe this was also in 2.50, never noticed), some of the menu items have been cleaned up/put into a sub folder(i.e. CPU LLC settings and advanced fan settings). Also the fan utility thing that detects the lowest fan speed now has a confirmation when you press it (I've accidentally presses it so many times!)

Soldato
Just installed 2.70, so for so good. The main differences I noticed are CCX overclocking and ECO mode (maybe this was also in 2.50, never noticed), some of the menu items have been cleaned up/put into a sub folder(i.e. CPU LLC settings and advanced fan settings). Also the fan utility thing that detects the lowest fan speed now has a confirmation when you press it (I've accidentally presses it so many times!)

Going to install it tomorrow, given that have to go through the settings to activate 1usmus powerplan.

Soldato
Update. Installed 2.70, set my ram to XMP (3600C16) and the 1usmus settings. Installed latest chipset and the v1.1 of 1usmus power plan. (and selected it).

Huh the system boosts higher and idles better.
With 2.70 pref cores work better also, having couple of them running at 4600 on Cinebench :eek: while the other 4 cores on CCD0 were between 4475-4575.
And that on full load. Up to now on CB all cores were hitting the same speed working in sync, even with 2.50 bios having activated pref core boost and 1usmus power plan!

Also there are several changes to the bios, with new options to do per CCX overclock also!!!!! Those things weren't there before.

Associate
Update. Installed 2.70, set my ram to XMP (3600C16) and the 1usmus settings. Installed latest chipset and the v1.1 of 1usmus power plan. (and selected it).

Huh the system boosts higher and idles better.
With 2.70 pref cores work better also, having couple of them running at 4600 on Cinebench :eek: while the other 4 cores on CCD0 were between 4475-4575.
And that on full load. Up to now on CB all cores were hitting the same speed working in sync, even with 2.50 bios having activated pref core boost and 1usmus power plan!

Also there are several changes to the bios, with new options to do per CCX overclock also!!!!! Those things weren't there before.
Nice, going to update now

Soldato
Nice, going to update now
Hadn't run a single core benchmark because finding it boring, however because of an argument on the other discussion....
FYI multicore is 7280 with 1usmus powerplan and 2.70 bios. Up from 7230 previously with same settings. On air still with a Noctua D15. FYI a 9000 series CFL needs to clock to 5.2Ghz to get 513 on single core :D

wo4Fc9y.png

Associate
Hadn't run a single core benchmark because finding it boring, however because of an argument on the other discussion....
FYI multicore is 7280 with 1usmus powerplan and 2.70 bios. Up from 7230 previously with same settings. On air still with a Noctua D15. FYI a 9000 series CFL needs to clock to 5.2Ghz to get 513 on single core :D

wo4Fc9y.png
Personally I used to get higher scored on 2.50 but I'll leave it like this. Was getting above 5100 on multicore and over 520 on single. That dropped now but I dont mind.

Associate
3800X does have better single core speeds and performance tbh than the 3900X, which on CCD1 no core goes over 4350Mhz.
On Single core, everything Auto my 3800X used to get up to 4550Mhz. Even my latency took a hit with this BIOS, I guess it must be less aggressive compared to 2.50. I still have 2.50 somewhere, but I noticed they removed it from the website so just in case I'll leave it as it is.

Soldato
On Single core, everything Auto my 3800X used to get up to 4550Mhz. Even my latency took a hit with this BIOS, I guess it must be less aggressive compared to 2.50. I still have 2.50 somewhere, but I noticed they removed it from the website so just in case I'll leave it as it is.

I'm the same, used to get 4.6Ghz + on 5/8 cores on ABBA. Now only 1 core hits 4.625Ghz and the rest @ 4.550-4.575. Not bad but not as impressive as ABBA for max boost clockspeed. Never kept the results of benches to compare.

Back
Top Bottom