Cheapest half-decent case for 240mm AIO?

Soldato
As per the title, really. I've just upgraded to Threadripper, and basically ended up buying new of everything bar a case and RAM (higher wattage PSU, cooler, etc). Rather than sell my delid 8700K and mobo, AIO, PSU etc, I've decided to take the hit and pass it down to my eldest for games. I have a spare 1050Ti he can have so he's basically all set.

Since I'm reusing my own case (Phanteks Enthoo Pro M tempered glass), I was going to use my old case which is currently in the loft - a Bitfenix mid-tower. Unfortunately I realised there's only room for a 120mm rad in the Bitfenix, and I don't think the 8700k would be very happy even with it being a delid.

Can anyone suggest a cheap but still decentish case that'll take a 240mm AIO without any messing around? A look through OcUK's offerings suggest I'd probably be better just buying a cheapish HSF for the Bitfenix instead, but I thought I'd ask first. Cheers.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the suggestion. However,

The LANCOOL II is available for pre-order starting today, November 21, 2019, at an MSRP of $89.99 USD for the black version and $94.99USD for the white version.

I was thinking more along the lines of Antec GX1200 (£45), which I found at a competitor after posting the thread. It's just for a kid's build and will likely get knocked around a little one way or another. If I don't find anything else in the ballpark I'll likely just grab this one and see how it goes. It's got room for a 240mm rad, tool-less fittings and filters so it shouldn't be too bad for its intended use.

Associate
The Kolink Stronghold is a tenner cheaper and definitely has space for a 240mm rad (it can handle two, in fact, with a 240 at the top and a 280 on the front), and is a nice little budget case - basically a budget version of an NZXT H700 in terms of styling

Dust filters front and top, SSD mounts on the back of the motherboard tray, glass panel so you can slap some RGB in for your lad because lights make it go faster - and at £35 I don’t think you can be bitten for a kids build

Back
Top Bottom