The Expanse

Man of Honour
Wow...that looks like a real step up in terms of production values and budget. Expanse 1-3 was damned good but this looks on a whole other level of quality.

Associate
Wow...that looks like a real step up in terms of production values and budget. Expanse 1-3 was damned good but this looks on a whole other level of quality.
there is a lot of restrictions and limitation put on broadcast tv shows with the exception to cable shows which still has some limitation/restriction but not at the same degree as broadcast tv, now that they move from broadcast tv to streaming service those restrictions and limitation are now removed, also they stated in a interview since amazon rescue the show that their budget got an increase. bare in mind that the expanse was restricted to 45min per episode show because of broadcast rules, cable tv will allow 50-55mins. now that it on a streaming platform there no restriction to how long an episode can be, just what the show runner decide it to be so in theory season 4 episode could be anything from 50mins to 65mins long. also it can be more adult in contents eg. bad language, gore, action, sexual etc can be added.

Last edited:
Soldato
Feel like this is a show I should have taken more seriously, played on my phone way too much while watching and it's definitely not that kind of show so I'm starting to really get lost in the plot lines and characters after 2 seasons!

Time to give the show the bigger respect it deserves :D

Feel like this is a show I should have taken more seriously, played on my phone way too much while watching and it's definitely not that kind of show so I'm starting to really get lost in the plot lines and characters after 2 seasons!

Time to give the show the bigger respect it deserves :D

There are some season summaries on Amazon, at the bottom of each season. The recaps are handing to remind you of the key plot lines if you cant remember them, or just want to recap.

Personally I have just rewatched season 1 and 2, and just started 3, I picked up quite a lot I had either forgotten or not picked up on from the start, but the recaps also help as its easy to overlook things in the show.

Soldato
All episodes there, no need to wait week by week :D

However...that said, can we have a two week grace period before we openly discuss spoilers? We've done it in other threads and would appreciate if it's done here as well?

Not everyone has the luxury of binge watching in a day or two but would still like to drop into the thread :)

Soldato
That's what spoiler tags are for.

Some people don't use them when they should though...

Thread title needs editing, so posters know to use spoiler tags for at least two weeks. Otherwise, asking people not to openly discuss (without spoiler tags) events in S4 for two weeks, will just get lost by the time the thread goes onto the next page and so on.

Associate
I can find it on the US site and add to watch list but doesn't show on TV watch list. If I try play off the site then my app on my phone and it errors out

*edit* it's literally just shown on the app now so added to watch list and all good!

Soldato
I had to search for 'expanse' to find Season 4 in UHD, it was only the HD version showing on the main homescreen and even when going into the 'Seasons' section of Season 3 in UHD, it didn't show season 4 there.

Their interface is utterly diabolical, it makes you wonder how much other stuff is on there that you'll never normally find.

Back
Top Bottom